Combating Exhaustion

Options
I'm so tired today, can't focus and really snappy. In the past I would have drunk lots of coffee (soya latte's) and eaten my body weight in greasy food to get me through the day. Any tips on how to keep awake without eating half of London would be really appreciated

Replies

• sweets2001
    Options
    Usually drinking lots of water works for me and it doesn't add unwanted calories :)
  • Flissbo
    Flissbo Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I always find that exercise helps, even if its just a quick walk in your lunch break
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Are you able to do a quick workout? When I'm real tired, if I can, I do 25 pushups, 50 squats, and 50 jumping jacks back to back. Usually peps me up.
  • LelliAmi
    LelliAmi Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I like to go for a brisk walk listening to some of my favourite up-beat songs. It's like walking in my own little world, and afterwards i always feel so refreshed and invigorated. it's the ultimate meditation/energizer pick-me-up. :)
  • mummychaz
    mummychaz Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I recently started having porridge for breakfast & cannot believe how much more full I feel for the whole morning - not an instant fix for you right now but something to try in the future :) For now try drinking plenty of water that should help hold off the hunger for a while.
    Good luck!
  • CharlieJuliette
    CharlieJuliette Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Diet coke as a last resort? Not the healthy option I know, but will stop you nodding off at your desk!
  • therapyruns
    therapyruns Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    coffee/lattes can definitely make hunger and mood swings worse. drink lots of water, chew some gum and eat foods low in calories such as an apple, plum, peach, other fruits and/or veggies to keep you satisfied.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Up your protein, drink lots of water and get a bit of exercise, those are the only 3 things I have found.
  • Rae9911
    Rae9911 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Are you able to do a quick workout? When I'm real tired, if I can, I do 25 pushups, 50 squats, and 50 jumping jacks back to back. Usually peps me up.

If I did that I would be needing my bed straight away after lol :laugh:
  • McFishie
    Options
    Thank you. Drinking lots of water has really helped. And I'll try to leave on time so I can drop into the gym. I really appreciate your support - thanks