Your Story: Embarrassing moments that happened to you!

Options
One of my embarrassing moments...was a pure blonde moment I dont know what I was thinking...I dont think I was thinking at all lol.
I was at shopping at grocery store with one of my family members and the store had just closed. I was extremely thirsty but I had forgotten to buy a drink. So I went to the vending machines outside of the store to get a drink and wouldn't you know all of the vending machines were broken...accept for ONE.
So I got the vending machine and it has fish, and under sea animals on it along with a sign that said,"Live Bait!' So I think to myself,"Oh! Its a SoBe vending machine how cool!" So I put the money which was about $4 and I read through the list...crabs, worms, fish..and a few other things. So I choose "worms". The so called drink comes out in a huge white foam cup so I thought.."Hmm maybe its not a SoBe drink maybe its hot chocolate." So I open it up and to my surprise the cup was full of REAL LIVE WORMS and dirt! I dropped the cup and ran as far as I could from that machine. I never have gone shopping at that store again lol. That was my first time ever seeing a live bait machine lol.

sobe+energize+green+tea+lemon+mint.jpg

Replies

• surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    You win!! :wink:
  • heykatieben
    heykatieben Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    LOL! You do win. I'm laughing out loud here. :D
  • heykatieben
    heykatieben Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Hmm.. the other day I was talking and couldn't remember the past tense of "seek". So I said something like, "I sucked it"... and then started laughing, and trying to come up with the right word... sucked? sook? Until someone gave me the hint... "sought". Haha :D
  • jasmineheaven
    Options
    Hmm.. the other day I was talking and couldn't remember the past tense of "seek". So I said something like, "I sucked it"... and then started laughing, and trying to come up with the right word... sucked? sook? Until someone gave me the hint... "sought". Haha :D
    Sought? I would have said seeked lol...shoot you got me on that one I dont use the word "seek" too often.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    Ok so here is mine...

While I lived in Puerto Rico many many years ago, I was at the beach sunbathing. It was a hot day so I went into the water to cool off. I was in the water up to my knees just splashing myself with my back to the ocean. All of a sudden the water level dropped to my ankle and I was suddenly slammed by an 8 ft wave. I was under water trying to figure which way was up and continued to be pulled and taken under by the strength of the wave. Suddenly a hand grabbed me and pulled me out. As I stood on shore trying to catch my breath I realized I was standing there in front of the man that rescued me and the entire beach TOPLESS!
    Evidently when the wave took me under it took my bikini top as well!
  • whispering_elk
    Options
    I love reading these!!!
    I had a long day at work and around 11pm was going to get my jammies on. Just had on a cami and my underwear on when the dog needed to go out. I opened the back door and stepped out to pick up some paper on the porch ,I shut the door so the cat wouldn't get out and it locked. I had clothes in the garage but if they fit me, they would not be in the garage! It was freezing with a light snow, all I had was a kitchen curtain set, so I wrapped them around me island style and picked up the dog. Let me add here, I am not a tiny woman, very short and very round, lol
    My neighbors all had bright Christmas lights on their porches......I pulled off the screen by the driveway and was shoving and wiggeling myself in when my neighbors husband drove by. He stopped and and shone his lights to see what was going on. Then I hear the cell phone ringing but I am still not in, so here they both come to "help" me. I still have not lived down their good natured kidding.
  • jasmineheaven
    Options
    Ok so here is mine...

While I lived in Puerto Rico many many years ago, I was at the beach sunbathing. It was a hot day so I went into the water to cool off. I was in the water up to my knees just splashing myself with my back to the ocean. All of a sudden the water level dropped to my ankle and I was suddenly slammed by an 8 ft wave. I was under water trying to figure which way was up and continued to be pulled and taken under by the strength of the wave. Suddenly a hand grabbed me and pulled me out. As I stood on shore trying to catch my breath I realized I was standing there in front of the man that rescued me and the entire beach TOPLESS!
    Evidently when the wave took me under it took my bikini top as well!

Oh goodness, I know how you feel, you must have been embarrassed but at least you can look back and laugh at it :)
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Mine happened a few days ago...

Just been knocking it out of the park lately working out. So I'm lifting hard and I go home for the night, I take a shower and I start to feel some pain in my arms and shoulders.. I get out of the shower and my chest just starts to get major pain. It's starting to get pretty crushing feeling. Immediately I think.. oh snap I'm having a heart attack. I am FREAKING out. I am telling my wife I love her and I am so sorry for all the bone headed things I do. So my wife blasts me over to the hosptial, the nurse is like.. OHHH.. this doesn't sound good.. They take me back and my blood pressure.. perfect....pulse.. under 80.. EKG fine.. Blood work fine. A nurse told my Dr. something and he comes over and starts prodding around on my chest and the pain is unbearable. I ended up having a torn peck and Costochondritis (irritated/inflamed cartridge in the chest). The nurse that told my Dr. had lost over 100 pounds and had this happen to her when she was lifting weights. So afterwards I finally stop freaking out and look around and there is my wife, son, and my mother and father (who drove to the hospital from over an hour away) staring at me at 2:00am in the morning. The way home my wife would have little quips like... I'd go faster but I don't know if your heart can handle it...

Add in it's been a couple days and still getting a good ribbing at work about it. One of the guys found an old defibrillator and hung it in my office.. just in case he said. In a couple meetings they told me I could leave the meeting if things get to tense and I feel my heart racing. One day I'll live it down hopefully.
  • jasmineheaven
    Options
    Lol d2footballJRC their NEVER going to let you live that one down. Even when it hasn't been mentioned in a while...someone will bring it up. Thanks for sharing :)
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I was the maid of honor for my sister's wedding a few years ago. It was a VERY casual wedding and, until the night before the wedding, my sister insisted that she didn't even care if the bridesmaids wore matching dresses as long as they were black.

Then she changed her mind the night before the wedding and wanted us to match, so I went out and bought 3 inexpensive dresses from Target (told you it was casual!) for myself and the other girls.

The problem was, you couldn't wear a bra with these dresses as they were very low-cut spaghetti strap dresses. The other problem was that I am... rather well endowed upstairs. A little TOO well endowed for the dress, actually, to the point that the girls really didn't want to stay in the dress.

Someone lent me a brooch so I could sort of pin the front closed a bit to keep the "girls" in but they needed to leave shortly after the ceremony so I had to give the brooch back.

Then my sister threw the bouquet and I dove for it...

And the girls fell out.

Both of them.

In front of everyone.

Everyone included, among others, two of my grandfathers, my stepdad, my dad, both of my brother-in-laws, my sister's new mother-in-law, and a video camera.

The only good news?
    I did catch the bouquet and was actually the next person to get married, so I guess it all worked out in the end. :blushing:
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Everyone included, among others, two of my grandfathers, my stepdad, my dad, both of my brother-in-laws, my sister's new mother-in-law, and a video camera.

Anyone else wanting to see this video?? :tongue:
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options

I weighed over 290 pounds at the time, so although the girls might have been impressive, the rest of me was definitely not.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I was the maid of honor for my sister's wedding a few years ago. It was a VERY casual wedding and, until the night before the wedding, my sister insisted that she didn't even care if the bridesmaids wore matching dresses as long as they were black.

Then she changed her mind the night before the wedding and wanted us to match, so I went out and bought 3 inexpensive dresses from Target (told you it was casual!) for myself and the other girls.

The problem was, you couldn't wear a bra with these dresses as they were very low-cut spaghetti strap dresses. The other problem was that I am... rather well endowed upstairs. A little TOO well endowed for the dress, actually, to the point that the girls really didn't want to stay in the dress.

Someone lent me a brooch so I could sort of pin the front closed a bit to keep the "girls" in but they needed to leave shortly after the ceremony so I had to give the brooch back.

And the girls fell out.

Both of them.

In front of everyone.

The only good news?
    I did catch the bouquet and was actually the next person to get married, so I guess it all worked out in the end. :blushing:

You topped mine! You win.
  • GreenLifeGirl
    GreenLifeGirl Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    One of my embarrassing moments...was a pure blonde moment I dont know what I was thinking...I dont think I was thinking at all lol.
    So I got the vending machine and it has fish, and under sea animals on it along with a sign that said,"Live Bait!' So I think to myself,"Oh! Its a SoBe vending machine how cool!" So I put the money which was about $4 and I read through the list...crabs, worms, fish..and a few other things. So I choose "worms". The so called drink comes out in a huge white foam cup so I thought.."Hmm maybe its not a SoBe drink maybe its hot chocolate." So I open it up and to my surprise the cup was full of REAL LIVE WORMS and dirt! I dropped the cup and ran as far as I could from that machine. I never have gone shopping at that store again lol. That was my first time ever seeing a live bait machine lol.

I was laughing from the beginning!!! Seriously, this is the funniest thing I have read in a LONG time!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options

I weighed over 290 pounds at the time, so although the girls might have been impressive, the rest of me was definitely not.

Some guys like that ;) Probably not the ones on here, but still!
    That is really embarrassing :(
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I was at shopping at grocery store with one of my family members and the store had just closed. I was extremely thirsty but I had forgotten to buy a drink. So I went to the vending machines outside of the store to get a drink and wouldn't you know all of the vending machines were broken...accept for ONE.

sobe+energize+green+tea+lemon+mint.jpg

oh my, that is hilarious!
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking you all win. Laughing out Loud here, my cube mates think I'm nutz!
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options

And the girls fell out.

Both of them.

In front of everyone.

The only good news?

=-0
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options

I appreciate women of all shapes and sizes.
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I was around 22 at the time. It was winter and it had snowed. I had plans to go out with my friends. I got in the car, started it up, then realized my headlights weren't working. I was so mad. Ran into my parents house (I was living with them at the time) and asked my dad what I needed to do for frozen headlights. My brother was like "frozen headlights?". I told them that my headlights were not shining correctly and that they had to be frozen. They both walked out to the car and started dying laughing. My car had headlights that were inset into the molding. The snow had filled the inset area which is why the headlights were "froze". That was 16 years ago and there has not been one winter since that I haven't gotten asked about my headlights!