want your opinion everyone and help please

Options
Hey everyone , I work out at curves , was gonna find another place but guess i'm gonna stick with it and not change workout centers.Well the thing is i'm really wanting a more flat stomach , I don't wanna lose weight anywere else at all.I am thinking of doing p90x on the side of curveso n my off days and some even on the same days I do curves.I am wanting to do p90x just for abs only though , can u do it just for that or are there any ab working anyone specificly recomends.THis is just one thing i'm struggling with.Not necesarily even wanting to lose weight just wanna tone up the stomach bigtime.Any help means so much , thank you

Replies

• Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Set ups work and so does sucking in your stomach when you workout...I have a great a flat stomach area and always suck in when i work out.. I don't have abs but I don't want them either.
  • NemesisJRM
    NemesisJRM Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Crunches. Plank Twists, Sit-ups, Supermans, Bicycle crunch, Double leg Raises. Pike Crunch all work the abs from top to bottom :-D Enjoy
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    Options
    all kinds of planks and push ups and balance work with tummy tightly pulled in help...nothing is guaranteed and all of them take a lot longer than any of us want it to... good luck
  • Lauren38570
    Options
    okay and just to double check what u meant , u mean suck in stomach or keep stomach very tight while doing it?thats a good thing to know so i'm not doing all that and it not work properly , lol I came so close to just considering a tummy tuck and I don't know if thats even necesary.I'm assuming u can tighten up your stomach and be more toned without even losing weight?
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    Options
    try to pull your belly button to your back bone while doing these exercises... and yes you can tone without activiely trying to "lose"
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    I went to Curves for a total of 8yrs and got limited success
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    I went to Curves for a total of 8yrs and got limited success
  • DerpdyHerp
    Options
    Abs are made in the kitchen. Tighten up your diet, not your workout.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I go to Curves and do Zumba at Curves and I have lose over 85" off my body.
  • riccoismydog
    riccoismydog Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I've just finished the 30ds, stomachs as flat as a board, and I'm loving it!!!
  • Lauren38570
    Options
    hmmmm 30d's?whats that exactly i'll look into that , flat as a board that sounds pretty promising =)
    Yeah I watch what I eat , just gotta have very few cheat days and the rest stick with it , I do okay but always room for improvement!
  • Lauren38570
    Options
    someone let me know please that sounds like a good plan
  • Tsrwalker
    Tsrwalker Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    The 30ds is the 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels. I am still waiting on my copy to come in the mail so I can start it.
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    You can do abs exercise to tone up
    but in order to have a flat tummy you have to have a low body fat %.
  • Lauren38570
    Options
    So just ways toget the low body fat percent down is just eat healthy as much as possible right?Oh ok I heard of the 30 day shred , now thats just tummy toning right?I don't wanna lose anywere else lol
  • yeroc39
    Options
    You cannot control where you lose weight. But typcially, we store much of our fat around our midsection. So losing the fat, and toning is what makes the abs look great. Also, are you doing any weight training. Building lean muscle also helps your body utilize more of the fat and get that look you seem to want.
  • Lauren38570
    Options
    As of right now it's been 4-5 days aw eek at curves.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Other than liposuction, there is nothing you can do to ensure you lose only in your stomach and nowhere else.

To get a flat stomach, you have to work the muscles AND burn fat. You can't pick and choose where fat burns, so if you're burning fat in your stomach, you're probably burning it elsewhere.
  • Lauren38570
    Options
    Yeah liposuction is definetly not necessary at all , i'm fat from fat just need my stomach to be mored toned is all
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Yeah liposuction is definetly not necessary at all , i'm fat from fat just need my stomach to be mored toned is all

No matter how many situps you do, if you don't lose the fat on top of the tones muscles, you will not have a flat stomach. And you can't choose where you lose fat from.