STOP TALKING ABOUT TOM!

Options
prplangl4
prplangl4 Posts: 488 Member
Seriously women...unless Tom is an uncle, husband, relative, friend or boss PLLEAASSEEE stop talking about it, using it as an excuse and telling everyone in the world the details of your 'time of the month'. Guys I KNOW don't want to hear about it and most other chicks, like me, don't either!!!

Please join the campaign to stop talking about TOM! stop.png

:laugh: BLEH!

Replies

• seehawkmomma
    Options
    LOL I havent seen any of those posts but yeah its a little weird. Maybe save it for a group post?
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Agreed. But you do recognize the irony here, right? :tongue:
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest, every time I saw the acronym "TOM" I didn't know what it meant. Thanks for clarifying!
  • LauraDubbleya
    LauraDubbleya Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Sorry you're upset. An option would be just to move past any posts talking about this.
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    LOL! Now I assume you're not taking the time to read the TOM posts, right? :smile:
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    LOL! Now I assume you're not taking the time to read the TOM posts, right? :smile:
  • NA_Willie
    NA_Willie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Fo realz
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options

That's so funny! I'm with ya, though.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    ATTENTION WOMEN: If you do want to talk about your periods, you should join the group! (We don't use the word TOM, it's a period, menses, menstruation, etc.)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/779-periods-period
  • rsdgirl
    rsdgirl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    definately not my favorite subject LOL it happens and thats all there is to it PERIOD (get it LOL jk jk)
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Just consider yourself lucky it isn't my time of the month! :wink:
  • durhamity
    durhamity Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I thought TOMs were shoes! :laugh:
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    ATTENTION WOMEN: If you do want to talk about your periods, you should join the group! (We don't use the word TOM, it's a period, menses, menstruation, etc.)

:noway:

:laugh:

I love this...I don't want to join--not a topic I like to discuss much-- but, dang, it's great there is a group!
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    AMEN. Just say TOM sux, and move one. ENuff with the excuses!
  • masterfitness4u
    Options
    I saw one today and didn't know what TOM was at first, then it hit me because they were using it as an excuse for gaining weight. ROFL post, where do I sign :wink:
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Almost 50% of the population menstruates at some point in their lives, and it has a huge impact on so many things health-wise...we're just supposed to suck it up and pretend it doesn't exist because it makes a few people squeamish? Shame about periods comes from shame about fertility (sex) and shame about being female, both outdated concepts. Once upon a time, it was considered to be embarrassing to talk about pregnancy as well.

Periods happen. :smile:
  • masterfitness4u
    Options

:noway:

What? We have groups now! :noway:

I love this...I don't want to join--not a topic I like to discuss much-- but, dang, it's great there is a group!
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    You realize that you rehashed TOM, right?

And BTW, without TOM, you would not be alive today. Just saying.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Blood can be iron-y, yes. :laugh:
  • klfazio
    klfazio Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness people (some of you).....TOM is nothing but a biological function.....like sneezing....coughing.....hic-cupping......burping......crying......blinking......
    If TOM didn't so greatly affect LOTS of peoples weight struggles I'm sure it would never be brought up....like when was the last time you saw a post about sneezing or blinking or coughing??
    C'mom...aren't we all adults here and just KNOW that it's being talked about for an adult reason and nothing more?
    My gosh...isn't there like 10 bazillion more important things in this world to be upset about? Just sayin'.......