STOP TALKING ABOUT TOM!

Options

Replies

• CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    You realize that you rehashed TOM, right?

And BTW, without TOM, you would not be alive today. Just saying.
    :laugh:
    It's thanks to a moment of time between TOM, isn't it?

For having prevented TOM for about 9 months, all humans should be proud!

I did my part -- was born a month overdue. Take that TOM! 10 MONTHS! RAWR!
  • rblair_22
    rblair_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but until men are able to experience the effects of TOM that a woman's body goes through, they cannot claim that it's an excuse. Also, it's a normal bodily function, if you don't like, then don't read posts about. It's that simple!
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options

It's thanks to a moment of time between TOM, isn't it?

As having TOM for about 9 months, all humans should be proud!

I did my part -- was born a month overdue. Take that TOM! 10 MONTHS! RAWR!

Lol I thank you on behalf of womankind.
  • prplangl4
    prplangl4 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    :sad: It's nothin to cry over... there's some people EVERY MONTH who nonstop complain about it and provide more details than anyone cares for:noway: ...that's life, suck it up -- we don't need updates every month...I don't see people talking about their bowel movements in grave detail...:wink:

I''m just sayin! lol :laugh:
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    meh.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Oh goodness people (some of you).....TOM is nothing but a biological function.....like sneezing....coughing.....hic-cupping......burping......crying......blinking......
    If TOM didn't so greatly affect LOTS of peoples weight struggles I'm sure it would never be brought up....like when was the last time you saw a post about sneezing or blinking or coughing??
    C'mom...aren't we all adults here and just KNOW that it's being talked about for an adult reason and nothing more?
    My gosh...isn't there like 10 bazillion more important things in this world to be upset about? Just sayin'.......
    That's exactly why some folks tire of the questions about it. Nobody posts questions about sneezing, blinking, burping, etc. Ends up a lot of gals, even after countless cycles, know little about how it affects their weight.
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Almost 50% of the population menstruates at some point in their lives, and it has a huge impact on so many things health-wise...we're just supposed to suck it up and pretend it doesn't exist because it makes a few people squeamish? Shame about periods comes from shame about fertility (sex) and shame about being female, both outdated concepts. Once upon a time, it was considered to be embarrassing to talk about pregnancy as well.

Periods happen. :smile:

Amen!

If TOM talk makes you uncomfortable, by all means feel free to unfriend me for talking about it, or just don't read anything that mentions it. But don't censor me. If I have to spend 25% of my life dealing with it, I'm gonna talk about it. And yes, the hormones released during TOM can have a huge effect on weight loss. Weight loss can have an effect on TOM, too. So it's a perfectly valid topic on a weight-loss forum.

I'm not ashamed of being female. If I ever have kids, I plan to wear skin-tight maternity clothes and breastfeed in public. Our bodies are a gift, and the changes we go through may be uncomfortable & even painful, but they're also beautiful & should be celebrated rather than hidden.
  • rockieschick
    rockieschick Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Actually, people do talk about their bowel movements. And oh I forgot to mention TOM is just around the corner! Ha!
    Nah, come on we are all adults here! I mean I obviously don't DESCRIBE everything but seriously, it's not a big deal!
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness people (some of you).....TOM is nothing but a biological function.....like sneezing....coughing.....hic-cupping......burping......crying......blinking......
    If TOM didn't so greatly affect LOTS of peoples weight struggles I'm sure it would never be brought up....like when was the last time you saw a post about sneezing or blinking or coughing??
    That's exactly why some folks tire of the questions about it. Nobody posts questions about sneezing, blinking, burping, etc. Ends up a lot of gals, even after countless cycles, know little about how it affects their weight.

Exactly. Women have been shamed into not ever talking about TOM, so even though it's a huge part of our lives, we don't even know how it really works. We are taught to find a way to take care of it quickly and discreetly and then pretend it doesn't exist. So when it comes to weight loss, it's one more thing that people need to be educated about. Just like weight training or how to use protein drinks. Education about this or any other topic should not be discouraged.
  • theome
    theome Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Almost 50% of the population menstruates at some point in their lives, and it has a huge impact on so many things health-wise...we're just supposed to suck it up and pretend it doesn't exist because it makes a few people squeamish? Shame about periods comes from shame about fertility (sex) and shame about being female, both outdated concepts. Once upon a time, it was considered to be embarrassing to talk about pregnancy as well.

Periods happen. :smile:

:love: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

this so many times over
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Actually, people do talk about their bowel movements.
    I :heart: those posts.
  • klfazio
    klfazio Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    :sad: It's nothin to cry over... there's some people EVERY MONTH who nonstop complain about it and provide more details than anyone cares for:noway: ...that's life, suck it up -- we don't need updates every month...I don't see people talking about their bowel movements in grave detail...:wink:

I''m just sayin! lol :laugh:

Perhaps you could just skip over any and all posts that you don't agree with?
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    :happy:

EXACTLY!!
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Here's a tip: If "TOM" is in the topic title line and you don't like to read about "TOM", don't click on it.
  • rockeraxXx
    Options
    I thought TOMs were shoes! :laugh:

LOL!!! Hilarious!! I don't care if you talk about TOM the monthly cycle! I hate my TOM but I just bought a pair of TOM shoes and I LOVE them!! hahahah
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Here's a tip: If "TOM" is in the topic title line and you don't like to read about "TOM", don't click on it.
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Don't hate on the crimson tide
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    And this is exactly why all my MFP friends are women only.....men have no sympathy and just don't understand! Get over it buddy!
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    And this is exactly why all my MFP friends are women only.....men have no sympathy and just don't understand! Get over it buddy!
    Generalizations are awesome!
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    it attracts guys like a moth to a flame.

4083295_7960.jpg