those with naturally 'round face shapes' did u improvement

Options

Replies

• fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I have a round face (which I'm not a fan of, btw), but it's slimming a bit. I've got pictures on my profile you can check out if you want.
  • smkcx♥
    smkcx♥ Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Me at 220:
    4936119801_6007363bff.jpg

Me at 187:
    6244481107_d8db7d65c0.jpg

My round face and stupid double chin make me look a lot bigger than I am. It's gotten a good bit better for me, but I still have a lot of changes to make.

I think you look absolutely wonderful & I can definitely see a difference :D
  • smkcx♥
    Options
    i can't respond, as i'm a true hourglass shape.

What does an hourglass shape face look like? I thought it was either like round, oval, square, heart... I have never heard hourglass.

she might of thought i was referring to a round body shape or something? Idk I was a little confused by that post too! lol

I had thought maybe she was thinking body shape too but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

it never hurts to ask :D
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

Thank you so much! :) Still a ways to go for me, but I feel like I look like I've lost more than 33 lbs. (Started MFP at 210 after dropping 10 lbs before that).
  • smkcx♥
    Options
    I have a round face (which I'm not a fan of, btw), but it's slimming a bit. I've got pictures on my profile you can check out if you want.

i can see a difference :D
  • smkcx♥
    Options

Thank you so much! :) Still a ways to go for me, but I feel like I look like I've lost more than 33 lbs. (Started MFP at 210 after dropping 10 lbs before that).

I started at 211, Ive only lost 9lbs so far. I think you look great & you do look like you've lost more than 33lbs!
  • ennaejay
    ennaejay Posts: 575
    Options
    I dont nessessarily hate my face shape, because everyone always thinks i'm 15-16 and im actually 23. I just hate how when I take pictures, my face makes me look so much bigger than I really am. I have no definition in my jaw line, i look like im constantly bloated -- even tho I watch my sodium intake and im always really under my daily totals.

anyway, im not complaining, im just curious, to those who naturally have a round face shape, did you see a difference in your face shape?

I just wish it looked like I had a jawline. lol! in order for me to look like i have a jawline in pictures, i have to sit the camera in an odd spot and like squat down and suck in everything ive got in my face LOL

I had a girlfriend who was drop dead gorgeous who always complained that she had a "fat face" just because of the shape. She would have to be anorexically skinny for her face to change.

You can always change up your hairstyle to compliment your facial structure, or do your makeup differently
  • smkcx♥
    Options
    I had a girlfriend who was drop dead gorgeous who always complained that she had a "fat face" just because of the shape. She would have to be anorexically skinny for her face to change.

You can always change up your hairstyle to compliment your facial structure, or do your makeup differently

yeah, I look better with shoulder length hair (which i've always kept my hair that length) when I got pregnant with my son last year I decided I wanted to let my hair grow out to my waist so that might be a reason of why my face looks so round too but I love having this long hair for once lol!!

id just like it to be alittle more defined, just a wittle bit lol!
  • skpresley20
    skpresley20 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who was a male model, and he told me there are exercises to work the muscles in your face to get definition, you may look a little silly though.
  • smkcx♥
    Options
    I have a friend who was a male model, and he told me there are exercises to work the muscles in your face to get definition, you may look a little silly though.

yeah ive read about those exercises but i also read there is no such thing as targeted weight loss :( oh i wish there were tho! lol
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Faces don't come in hourglass, girl...
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    My face has ALWAYS been very round - I rock the good ol Slavik look. I FINALLY saw a difference in my face - I had always wanted to lose the cheeks, haha!

Heaviest: 2008vsnow-1.jpg

Today: photo-4.jpg

Dude, you're hot!
  • dessiepenn
    dessiepenn Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    wow!! you look great!!
  • smkcx♥
    Options
    wow!! you look great!!

i think she does too!
  • yannasmommy145
    yannasmommy145 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    IMG_20111117_103414-1-2.jpg
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options

This made me LOL for real. Kudos.

Two days ago I was looking in the mirror and had a "holy ****" moment. I've always thought I had a round face but I think it was just fat. Now it's looking more oval or rectangle. Not really sure which, but definitely less round. If I had pictures to share, I would, but I'm totally a camera-avoider.
  • mrsway
    mrsway Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I was also the kid with the big cheeks (freckled too) and I hated it. This is my before (around 220lbs or maybe higher) and during (178lbs)
    [img]http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff427/may5184/Weight Loss/10-15-11face-1-1.jpg[/img]
  • starrstarr007
    Options
    I am a round face person too and it is certainly where I saw some major differences... if I knew how to put pictures up in here I would show you the difference already. There are exercises you can do - I will try to describe them the best I can... sit up straight and tilt your chin upwards until you feel a slight tension in your neck, then dramatically say all of the vowels A, E, I, O U, one at a time really emphasizing the movements - especially on the U - try to push your chine to the sky. I would say spend about 2-3 seconds saying each letter. I do this maybe 10 times and few times a week. Beware you do not want to do this in public - people will think you have lost your mind - I do it in the shower. It may not feel like you are doing much, but wait until the next day your neck and jaw will be so sore! Good luck!
  • Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    ive always had a round face/ head ... my dad used to call it a pumpkin... anywho yes it does change as you lose weight
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Well... I have a round face. I can see a definite difference since I've lost weight. Check out my photos. The second one is one of the more recent ones. It looks like it has more of a shape to it... I think?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!