Alcohol and weight loss

Options
Alcohol slows the metabolism and effects your bodys absorption of nutrients- and most drinks have way more calories than you think. Look up your favorite drinks I promise you will be surprise! (My favorite Gin & Tonic has 171 Calories!)
www.wastedcalories.com

Replies

• hmstarbuck
    hmstarbuck Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    :smile: Thank you for the information. I know the negative affects of alcohol on my body and my health. I choose to go ahead and drink it. That is my lifestyle. I work in a bar, my friends hang out in bars, and people drink in that bar. That's just how we roll
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    Oh believe me I love my cocktails. Just had to cut back so I will be successful.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    Options
    I also take a cell absorption tablet to make sure my body uses everything I give it.
  • Lauren5280
    Lauren5280 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is a journey that requires small changes over time to create bigger changes. I, for one, disagree with those who go all out and cut everything out all at once or all together.

Many people enjoy a cocktail here or there. What's the big deal. Life is still about living it and enjoying the spoils. So if people choose to work the calories in then so be it. (Or heck even if they have a "bad" day, so be it, you pick it up again in the morning and move on.)

What gets me is why so many people care what others' are doing when they could be more focused on their own journey.
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    If it came down to cutting alcohol out of my life to lose my last 10 pounds, then I guess I better get used to these 10 pounds because they will be with me till the day I die!
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I also take a cell absorption tablet to make sure my body uses everything I give it.

What is a cell absorption tablet? What do they do?
  • SassyCalyGirl
    Options
    Weight loss is a journey that requires small changes over time to create bigger changes. I, for one, disagree with those who go all out and cut everything out all at once or all together.

Many people enjoy a cocktail here or there. What's the big deal. Life is still about living it and enjoying the spoils. So if people choose to work the calories in then so be it. (Or heck even if they have a "bad" day, so be it, you pick it up again in the morning and move on.)

What gets me is why so many people care what others' are doing when they could be more focused on their own journey.

I am very focused on MY journey. And I am not anti-alcohol. I enjoy my cocktail as much as the next person. Just offering up some info.....
  • KeepItOff4Life
    Options
    Yeah....all true, but sometimes you just need a drink! Today, I could use a drink.......or five.
  • shakybabe
    Options
    I forgot to say I love a Brandy and Coke and was shocked to find my favourite one is 111 calories for a single (just the brandy). I still treat myself but I have to earn it, if I've lost at least a pound I can have one at weekend, which really motivates me! I usually do abit exercise session too that day so I know I got loads of spare calories, and I'm still managing to lose.

I've had 2 gluten free choc brownies this week already and I've still lost 3lbs!
  • SassyCalyGirl
    Options
    Yeah....all true, but sometimes you just need a drink! Today, I could use a drink.......or five.

Amen Me too! As I stated above, I love my cocktails, just had to cut back. I didn't make huge changes over night!
  • SassyCalyGirl
    Options
    I forgot to say I love a Brandy and Coke and was shocked to find my favourite one is 111 calories for a single (just the brandy). I still treat myself but I have to earn it, if I've lost at least a pound I can have one at weekend, which really motivates me! I usually do abit exercise session too that day so I know I got loads of spare calories, and I'm still managing to lose.

I've had 2 gluten free choc brownies this week already and I've still lost 3lbs!

My fav is gin and tonic 171 calories! Better look into sugar free tonic! :smile:
  • KeepItOff4Life
    Options

Amen Me too! As I stated above, I love my cocktails, just had to cut back. I didn't make huge changes over night!

Makes sense...I've cut back too. I drink less white wine (moscato d'asti) and more vodka..... Okay, that sounds really bad, NOT ALL THE TIME...hahahaha, but yeah, less sugar.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    Options

What is a cell absorption tablet? What do they do?

It is a Cell Activator. I take it twice a day and a multi-vitamin 3 times a day. It just helps your body absorb nutrients. Alot of times when people start dieting they rob their bodies of nutrients because they don't know the right things to eat.
  • shakybabe
    Options
    oh.. never heard of that.. I seem to be doing ok.. I'm up to 25lbs lost.. just curious as I've never heard of it before!
  • badtheory
    badtheory Posts: 13 Member
    Options

Makes sense...I've cut back too. I drink less white wine (moscato d'asti) and more vodka..... Okay, that sounds really bad, NOT ALL THE TIME...hahahaha, but yeah, less sugar.

Can I just say that I chuckled out loud when i read this? About you drinking more vodka, teeheehee... you're right, it DID sound bad. But i know what you mean.
  • starwhisperer
    Options
    I saved up last weekend (calorie wise) so I could have buttery nipples. Buttershots and Baileys. Oh sweet nectar they were worth the hour in the gym and the light lunch :) But I agree, I am almost never willing to drink my calories when I could have chocolate instead.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    Options
    I saved up last weekend (calorie wise) so I could have buttery nipples. Buttershots and Baileys. Oh sweet nectar they were worth the hour in the gym and the light lunch :) But I agree, I am almost never willing to drink my calories when I could have chocolate instead.

That is so funny, cuz I would rather drink my calories than eat sweets.