Cleanse

Options
Has anyone tried a Cleansing product? If so what did you use and what was the result. I'm thinking about using one after Thanksgiving any suggestions? :indifferent:

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    No no no! HUGE waste of money. Just resume back to normal eating after thanksgiving and you will be 100% fine :D
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    No no no! HUGE waste of money. Just resume back to normal eating after thanksgiving and you will be 100% fine :D

^ Listen to booty girl up here.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Lever 2000. It does the job. Costco sells it.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Waste of your time & money. Eat reasonable portions, make healthy choices and ask yourself if you'll regret eating/drinking that tomorrow.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried a Cleansing product? If so what did you use and what was the result. I'm thinking about using one after Thanksgiving any suggestions? :indifferent:

I like Vim. It makes my whole house sparkle!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    WATER :smile:
  • Leslietheriot
    Leslietheriot Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    WATER :smile:
    And more fiber...
  • EmiliaWhite
    Options
    A few years back I used the colon cleansing kit sold by Blessed Herbs. I had a pretty positive experience with it (although I did miss basic joys like, well, chewing.), but I would emphasize that I used it specifically for its CLEANSING purposes, and (as clearly advertised) I did not see any kind of permanent weight loss as a result of the cleanse. Obviously there was some initial loss (waste, primarily), but definitely nothing lasting.
  • acuratlsd
    Options
    I take dietary tea where it flushes me out.

Got to keep the pipes clean and they always say to keep your digestive track in order.

I also take spoonfuls of fiber, each tablespoon as 6grams of fiber but the bad part about it is that its like putting wheat in a glass of water and drinking it, you can actually feel the solids, may have to find another source of fiber where i won't spit up from the nasty taste.
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    If you want to be good to your bowel, you can do it with healthy food and water. Eat lots of fibre, fruit and veg (especially things like broccolli, cabbage, brussles sprouts), beans and pulses, whole grains....

If you want to lose weight quickly - don't. If you want to binge a bit over thanksgiving, log it all then keep going. You don't need to go to another extreme afterwards.

Good luck on your journey!
  • goodmonster
    Options
    keep walking/running/lifting/pole dancing/chasing after snipes/whatever you do to get your sweat on.

water

fiber

try a green smoothie on occasion- they are like a chimney sweep for your intestines.

don't do anything too outrageous though!
  • DeafDiva42
    Options
    O.k Im a texture girl so that might not work. I do take fiber gummies but the don't work for me. I hate feeling bloated
  • DeafDiva42
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I will not waste my hard earned money then. I really thought a colon cleanse would make me feel better. I'm not a regular person. lol For lack of a better word. I do drink a lot of water but I am a water retainer. SMH. Pressing on I guess
  • Montey6
    Options
    "Cleanse" is a waste of $ for sure! I take fiber nightly. Great for your heart and intestines. Also it will help you stay regular. Buy a bag of Flax seed (must be ground) and a tub of Psyllium (from food store). mix 50/50. Do a "shot" every night. START WITH A SMALL AMOUNT so you will not feel bloated. I would start with 1/2 teaspoon. Try that for a few days, then 1 teaspoon.... mix with water and chug baby. Let me know how it goes!
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I just drink more water and take fiber every morning....but good luck :bigsmile:
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I tried a colon cleanser once and it did its job and then some, got severely dehydrated, sick nauseas missed a day of work... Then ended up feeling out of whack for a week.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    A healthy human body is outstandingly good at removing toxins all by itself.

Just hop back on the wagon after Thanksgiving and enjoy it.
  • ABeautifulDistraction
    Options
    Fresh juice. My juicer was the best appliance I ever bought. Dark leafy greens have more calcium than milk with far fewer calories, plus loads of vitamins and minerals.

Some combinations I like: beet (with tops)/carrot/orange
    lemon/apple/cucumber/kale/dark cherry
    tomato/carrot/celery/kale/basil/sweet potato

Fresh juice has way more nutrients than pasteurized juice plus you're getting fiber.