What has food shocked you?

Options
124»

Replies

• bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I was at a horse show that had carnival style food booths. I bought myself a pecan roll, ate it, THEN looked up the calories... YOWCH. 730 cals if I remember right! I knew it wasn't healthy but I sure wish I looked it up, wouldn't have had it if I'd know it was THAT bad.
  • strawberryromper
    strawberryromper Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Pork chops. I rarely eat meat and have no concept of anything involved in it but holy crap, pork chops have SO MANY CALORIES.
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Tim tams :(:( like 100 calories per biscuit :(:(:(

Vegemite still has 10cals/teaspoon. Still can do 2 slices of vegemite toast for <200cal if you are careful.

And I like Honey Jumbles more - and they are 40cal/biscuit :):)
  • acuratlsd
    Options
    The difference between regular soda (POP for you northerns') and diet soda....

Yeah, you don't have the calories or sugar but I'l be damn if they don't make up for it in sodium.

The amount of sodium in a diet soda and lack of calories still doesn't justify to even drink one.

I have been soda free for 2 weeks. Yay me!
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    costco muffins!!!! 690.....plus you gotta put butter on them so theres another 100+ plus id drink about 3 cups of milk so another 360 so what i normally used to eat as like a snack is like 1150 calories...... UMMMM OMG
  • NickyCat101
    Options
    barbeque crabs...30 calories each. Not bad but when you consider people where I live eat maybe 20 each at a buffet...WITH the other food. :|
  • NickyCat101
    Options
    Pancakes. I knew they weren't awesome for me but since figuring out the calories they are SO not worth it to me anymore. My boyfriend still loves them though so I will make them for him sometimes... then I make myself and egg white omlette!

I'm pre-diabetic (genetic) so I have to worry about carbs as well as fat and calories (fun). I found this amazing recipe for a low carb belgian waffle. :) The recipe would work for a pancake too. I'm not sure on the totals but i know they are about 7.3 carbs per waffle.

Here is the link: http://www.lowcarbluxury.com/recipes/recipe-bread18.html
  • beeny83
    Options
    I am shocked by the amount of sugar in those yogurt drinks and some yogurts. Some have the same as a can of coke.

NOT WORTH IT :noway:

Im with you!! I thought Yogurt was healthy but OMG the sugar is crazy!!
  • CampbellHendry
    CampbellHendry Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Dominos garlic and herb dip. 200 calories.
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I'm going to twist this around and say Palermo's Primo Thin. I ate the whole damn pizza and it wasn't even 800 calories. I was shocked.
  • modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options

I'm shocked that whole grain fiber bread is like 110 calories per slice and is even more calories than some white breads

But the white bread is empty calories.......Alot of weight loss is to do with the type of calories you put in your body.
  • hadlam
    hadlam Posts: 90
    Options
    Baked beans, as they aremaketed as "natures super food" was shocked to find a tin was over 1000 calories (i quite often put a tin in dinners to bulk it up a bit like nachos etc). I hadn't really thought of all the sugar content before.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Apple pie. Not so bad when I make it myself and use Splenda instead of sugar, but what I'd call "a serving size" of a store bought pie (ok, about 1/4 of the pie) is about 700 calories! And that's before a scoop of ice cream and caramel syryp!
  • Amf5627622
    Options
    My favorite seasonal coffee from Dunkin Donuts - Pumpkin coffee came in at 210 calories and to think I used to have one daily until I checked!
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I had a cup of tomato basil soup at the Corner Bakery this week and couldn't believe it had 1500 mg sodium!!!
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Olives - once apon a time I could eat a whole jar of stuffed ones. Now I cringe when I think of those days!
  • GettingFit4Me2011
    Options
    I was really surprised yesterday.... a boiled egg is 70 calories!
  • rlysrh
    rlysrh Posts: 244
    Options
    I was surprised looking at the calories in a McChicken Sandwich, its something like 375 for the whole burger which IMO is really pretty good considering its fast food. Its just when you add a coke and fries along with it that it becomes high calories. But yeah you can get ready made sandwiches from tesco that are like 500 calories and I know which one I'd rather have.