Motivation during workouts?

Options
Does anyone ever repeat a quote or song lyric to themselves when you're going through an intense workout? Something that keeps you going when you don't feel like you can keep going? What's yours?! :)

For me....sometimes I say "I can, I will" to myself over and over and other times I keep saying "just do it".

I hope you all have been having a healthy and happy week! :)

-Rosie xoxo

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I imagine myself at my goal weight, how I will look and feel :] seems to work, also seems to work with eating healthier food choices as well.
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    *This is war* by 30 seconds to mars.... in a war with the flubber suit...and the healthy person inside is gonna win!!! ;)
  • RobertG86
    Options
    Listen to LMFAO - Sexy and I know it.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I am a former fittie so I know what it feels like to be fit and strong, and that's what I use to stay focused - I want that feeling back.

whatever keeps you focused is all good. Music is a powerful motivator, as are to-the-point quotes and mottos - I love your approach!
  • 1234IWORKOUT5678
    Options
    Definitely! I always say "You can do it!". I love to run next to someone who is a really good runner and that helps motivate me. I also pretend that my fav star is running next to me and I have to keep going so I wont embarrass myself. :)
  • RobertG86
    Options
    Daft Punk - Harder Better Faster Stronger
  • Rorofitgirl
    Rorofitgirl Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    All great motivations!!! I feel amazing after I finished a tough workout....fresh, strong, and sexy
  • RobertG86
    Options
    if you feel fresh after a workout you arnt going hard enough.
  • Rorofitgirl
    Options
    I do the SAME thing when it comes to running! How funny hahaha I feel like they're my running buddy (even though they don't know it) and they really helps me stick to it because I'm not that great with long distance running, but I'm working on it :)
  • Kilter
    Kilter Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I had two mantras that carried me through Ironman, specifically the run at the end which was hard, and painful and very humbling.

“The swim makes us hard, the bike makes us tough, but the run makes us Iron."

and

“I will get there if I can get there. I can get there so I WILL get there.”

that last one was what made it possible to get to the next street corner, the next traffic light, the next mailbox.
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    Options
    Daft Punk - Harder Better Faster Stronger

^^^ This.

And I put a picture of a cupcake up on my phone and I cuss at it.
  • Rorofitgirl
    Options
    if you feel fresh after a workout you arnt going hard enough.

working out produces endorphins and that's what gives you that energized feeling...."runners high"....does not mean you didn't work hard
  • Orvett
    Orvett Posts: 83
    Options
    for me it's just the OCD of setting a certain amount of time on a machine and then needing to finish it so i can hear the machine beep and say i'm done
  • Rorofitgirl
    Options
    I had two mantras that carried me through Ironman, specifically the run at the end which was hard, and painful and very humbling.

“The swim makes us hard, the bike makes us tough, but the run makes us Iron."

and

“I will get there if I can get there. I can get there so I WILL get there.”

that last one was what made it possible to get to the next street corner, the next traffic light, the next mailbox.

That is AMAZING!! Congratulations on the Iron Man....you're a champ in my book.....I really like that last quote, you have to trust yourself to do the work
  • RawkChick
    RawkChick Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    "Nobody likes a fattie." (just kidding)

I just remind myself that I'm going to feel and look amazing when I'm done. Also, if I catch a glimpse of my own fat *kitten* in one of the THOUSAND mirrors that are in the gym, it usually makes me want to work that much harder.
  • RobertG86
    Options
    So you didnt mean fresh out the shower fresh you mean superman fresh lol
  • VanneWuch
    Options
    When doing an exercise bike which I hate! I listen to Fat Bottom girls and I like big butts. :)
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    EASY MONEY!!!!!!!!!
  • Rorofitgirl
    Options
    "Nobody likes a fattie." (just kidding)

I just remind myself that I'm going to feel and look amazing when I'm done. Also, if I catch a glimpse of my own fat *kitten* in one of the THOUSAND mirrors that are in the gym, it usually makes me want to work that much harder.

hahahahahaha i think us ladies always say things like that to ourselves, i'm glad you admitted it my chubs quote that plays in my head is "nobody likes a single chubby girl" hahahaha that works every time, so bad

you are cracking me up!
  • Rorofitgirl
    Options
    So you didnt mean fresh out the shower fresh you mean superman fresh lol

Exactly! hahahaha my mistake!