I lost a Stone (14 Pounds) in 12 weeks (approx) But nobody h

Options
Since getting my knee fixed in August i weighed around 165 by Sept

During the last couple of months i have started running abit to now alot!

Thanks to MFP i have been able to control my weight and now im down to 151 Pounds !

A total of 14 Pounds (a Stone) lost in that time !!! :-)

However i havent had one person yet say "have you lost weight" or "your looking good" or even "you look different somehow" !

I would just like a pat on the back and a well done from someone! :-(

Replies

• iamkylie
    iamkylie Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Well done! I'm sure you look fabulous!
  • lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Options
    It does get a bit discouraging when you do all that hard work and nobody notices, doesn't it?

For what it's worth, have a "well done" from me! :flowerforyou:
  • k9hrd
    k9hrd Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I totally understand, I have lost 40 lbs. And no comments! Congratulations on your loss.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't worry about people not noticing as alot of that will be water and the more you have o loose the less it shows at first!
    i had to lose 4 stone before the first person said to me! and please don't get on to hubby/boyfriend/mum/dad ect you gotta remember it is easier for people to see the difference when they don't see you daily! :)
    my hubby only noticed when he could "suddenley" get his arms around me more!

good luck and keep it up, add me if you need a ear to chew on...lol
  • HealthyJess88
    HealthyJess88 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    It does suck a bit that no-one has patted you on the back yet, but you're acheiving some awesome things!! At least you know that you're doing well, and the others will notice soon enough. We know now yay!!
  • Fatbuster205
    Fatbuster205 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    It wasn't until I had lost nearer the 1.5 stone mark that people noticed with me! Any day now! Well done!
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    People tend to notice but don't want to offend by saying anything. I have had that a lot recently. I will say I have lost weight and they are like, I noticed but didn't want to say anything.

CONGRATS on your loss xx
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Are you male? I'm sure people comment less for blokes.

Also, have you gotten new clothes? If you're still wearing the same baggy clothes, then maybe folks just see the same old you and don't notice.

But a 'well done' from me too.

Post a pic on this board and watch the congratulations come in!
  • lynnmarsh52
    lynnmarsh52 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I've lost 48lbs - look at my pic - I can see a difference - I've still had alot of people not comment! It's easy to get disheartened, but don't! Keep up the good work and walk tall and proud of what you've acheived. I find that it's people that struggle to lose weight themselves that don't comment - jealousy perhaps??? And I agree with above - I'm sure you can see a difference and you look great! Don't let others not commenting make you go backwards, keep it up - you're do a fab job :o) Again, I agree with above, you'll always get a 'pat on the back' and a 'well done' from me and others on here - WELL DONE! :drinker:
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Great job on your loss! You know, and that is what counts! My mom started watching her food and exercising shortly after i did back last Nov., she didn't have much to lose, maybe 30lbs. To this day, I still can't really notice a difference on her body, i feel bad but it is what it is. I have heard other people who don't see her everyday take notice though. It took me losing about 60lbs before I could even see a difference on myslef and that is a lot of weight. I'm not sure what to say to you since I don't know what you look like but I will say this, be proud of yourself for how far you have come and what matters and I will say it again, is how you feel and how you feel in your clothes and about yourself! Great job!
  • suz74
    suz74 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    well done from me too! That's fab, sometimes the comments are slow to come but you'll get them here because we all know how amazing that loss is. Top job :smile:
  • yummyteece
    Options
    THats why we have MFP... to be that "Good Job" when its lacking in our outside lives.

You've done some GREAT work. Well Done YOU!
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. You can't see a difference on me after 17 lbs. I can tell because i've dropped a pants size but no one else can. I took pics at the beginning so that I could hopefully see a change, retook those pics last week and they look EXACTLY the same :( It can be so disheartening, but as my weight comes off and the numbers update, my great MFP friends are there to pat me on the back. So well done to you, keep it up!!!
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I have at times thought someone has lost weight, but as they were "large" I didn't know if I was right and didn't want to sound patronising if I was wrong. Often people don't notice till you wear new clothes that show off the new you underneath! Sometimes people don't buy new clothes till the reach a certain size.
    Rest assured i did eventually comment to this person, and she said hardly anyone had noticed. She blamed her big boobs!
    keep going the compliments will come....
  • Dellie22
    Dellie22 Posts: 167
    Options
    If you're around people alot, they don't notice until there is a massive change and it clicks... IMO anyway
  • Dellie22
    Dellie22 Posts: 167
    Options
    Well done, BTW :D
  • rlysrh
    rlysrh Posts: 244
    Options
    I remember people posting in a topic a while back saying they had to lose at least 20lbs before it became obviously noticeable to most people that they'd lost weight. But I bet even if people don't notice your weight loss they're looking at you thinking 'How come they look so good lately? I can't put my finger on it'
  • AshleyAmmerman
    Options
    It can be frustrating but give yourself a pat on the back and now that everyone here is proud of you. Also remember, you didn't begin this journey to recieve compliments, you began because you wanted to be healthy and become a better you.
  • KatieCuth
    KatieCuth Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    keep going and eventually they will but as others have said sometimes people do notice but they dont want to say anything... and remember you are doing this for yourself... you know what your doing and that is great well done with the loss...:love::love:
  • fatsnacker
    fatsnacker Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    that'll come, keep at it and well done
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!