Excercising Twice a day?

Options
2»

Replies

• slimkitty
    Options
    I do. I go for a run in the morning and then do yoga at night before bed.
  • SGT_Reg
    SGT_Reg Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Twice a day will help keep your metabolism up. I didn't read all of the replies, so I don't know if someone already told you. You need to be careful not to overtrain, causing injury. Your body will let you know. Also, the myth about excercising before bed causes you to lie awake, just that, a myth. You should do light to moderate cardio about an hour before bed. This helps you sleep.
  • meldickman
    Options
    I do exercise most days twice. I think that exercise totals are just that, and it does not matter when or how many times a day you do it.
    JUST DO IT as they say!:laugh:
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I started working out twice a day. But not 2 hours a day. I just split up my workout. I would do 30-45 minutes in the morning and 30-45 minutes in the evening-I made every day a little different. I still took 1 rest day. I knew everyone every hour at the gym!

My weight loss had stalled for a while, until I started working out twice a day. I did this for a good 2 months (september and October). The weight dropped quickly. Now I'm back to once a day and I'm steadily losing. I am going to work on getting back to twice a day. Think about this, I have to get dressed for the gym twice a day, drive to and from the gym twice a day and shower twice a day. That's a lot of extra calories burned AND time spent not consuming needless calories.
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    after years of training at the gym maybe 4 times a week I started 30 DS on top of that and am getting awesome results. I really think to get the body you really want (and not just get half way there) you have to do it twice a day. And mix it up heaps do all kinds of stuff .
  • MzBeauty2U
    MzBeauty2U Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your insight!!!!!! I really appreciate the feedback!!!
  • MzBeauty2U
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your insight!!!!!! I really appreciate the feedback!!!
  • MzBeauty2U
    Options
    Hi, thanks for the feedback! I am also using Biggest Loser Cardio Max ... which one are you using..?
  • MzBeauty2U
    Options
    Hi, thanks for the feedback! I am also using Biggest Loser Cardio Max ... which one are you using..?
  • MzBeauty2U
    Options
    Thanks for the tip!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    That would be me. Cardio in the morning and lifting in the afternoon.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    Today is my "Cardio" day so I split it into two 40 min sessions to get to my goal of 500 calories burned.
    I do circuit training otherwise with Jillian Michaels at www.jillianmichaels.com/shred 30 day free trial and burns more calories than the shred videos.
  • JU_CFRUIT
    JU_CFRUIT Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I WORKOUT 3 TO 4 DAYS A WEEK AND ON TWO OF DAYS IM OFF WORK SO I WORKOUT 3 TIMES , I DROP MY KIDS OFF AT DAYCARE AROUND 9 GET TO THE GYM 9:30 DO 30 TO 45 MIN OF CARDIO ( TREADMILL, BIKE, ELITICAL) . I WILL GO BACK TO THE GYM @ 3 TO WORKOUT WITH PERSONAL TRAINING FOR A HR AND A HALF. I WILL LEAVE GOT GET THE KIDS FROM DAYCARE GRAB SOMETHING TO EAT AND BACK @ THE GYM TO TAKE A ABERBOIC CLASS AT 6:30 ( EITHER STEPS, BOXING, ABS, HIP HOP CARDIO, XTREME BODY, ZUMBA OR SPINNING) JUST DEPENDS ON WHAT DAY MY OFF FALLS ON.
  • lml1042
    lml1042 Posts: 121
    Options
    I have 2 little ones so carving out an hour to two hours at any one point during the day is just unrealistic with our schedule.

I get up at 6:30, do the 30 day shred. Then after dinner I either do another Jillian michaels DVD or the c25k program.
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I do during the week. Boot camp classes or treadmill during my lunch break, gym at night for Zumba or kickboxing