If you have a memebership at a gym then please..

Options

Replies

• jeepyj93
    jeepyj93 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Wow I wish our gym was that cheap ours is $46 a month and that isn't day care that is seniors rate for a 3 month min. There is no pool or sauna but when you are the only one I guess you can charge anything you want. We do have a gym that only runs Cross Fit classes and it is about $50 per mon with 2 classes per week more if you want 3 per week. That is why I buy DVD and work out at home.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness. $19.99 a month with no annual fee for the "black card" that let's me bring a guest, so my husband can come with me. In theory. In reality, I can rarely convince him to go.
  • SoulNeedsBeauty
    SoulNeedsBeauty Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    i go to Lifetime Fitness. I love it but its pretty expensive. 90 per month,but well worth it
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I workout at LA Fitness...Actually joining that club is a nightmare.(Unless you enjoy buying a used car from a dealership.) There is a negotiation process on the price that can get rather nauseating quickly. Originally they tried to charge me 175 initiation fee and 34.99 a month...After a week of banter back and forth I settled at 25 initiation fee and 29.99 per month.

I love the gym itself...It's huge, they have a wide variety of equipment and weights, and is hardly ever crowded!

However I think I'm going to join the new Gold's that came to town for 19.99 per month.
  • moleighsmom
    moleighsmom Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I also go to LA Fitness. They waived the initiation fee since I transfered from another club. It's $30 a month for unlimited classes, racquetball, pool, weights and workout equipment. Childcare is extra. I'm in the Chicago suburbs and thats a pretty good price for everything they offer. The club I left was almost twice as much and a longer drive.
  • kristidem
    kristidem Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Gold's gym $30/mo, including unlimited classes and child care if needed.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    I am in Oklahoma. My Curves membership is $37.01 per month with a One Year Contract. I think it is about $5 more a month if you just do a Month-To-Month membership.
    I think that Anytime Fitness is about $37 a month, plus $20 to add your Spouse.
  • panyg
    panyg Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    £50 a month at Fitness First in London.
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Not sure what country you're in so not sure if this is useful, but £17.95 for a year, 24/7 including classes. Corporate meant that I saved the admin fee, but if you work for a large company you may get a decent corporate membership, always worth telling them where else you've looked and your budget I find...
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Not sure what country you're in so not sure if this is useful, but £17.95 for a year, 24/7 including classes. Corporate meant that I saved the admin fee, but if you work for a large company you may get a decent corporate membership, always worth telling them where else you've looked and your budget I find...

I should say also - this is a no frills (I don't need frills) gym - but the downside is no pool, which I would like but I'm on a budget and you can't have it all :-) £19.99 per month without 12 month commitment.
  • stephanie8625
    stephanie8625 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    $25.00/month, has a pool, basketball courts, hot tub, sauna, daily classes
    no yearly fee

10344221.png
  • DRetel
    DRetel Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I go to Trevor Linden Fitness. It's $20 per month for my "elite" membership, which includes tanning, and discounts on all retail items, and is a pretty decent gym. It's very bare bones, no pool, sauna, child minding, or anything of the sort, but it has a separate ladies section, and more than enough cardio equipment. The staff are great, and the classes are fun. I do wish they had weekend classes though. (The non elite membership is $15 per month)
  • Kelly50054
    Options
    My sister works at a hotel and we use their excerise room, so that is free to us, since she is an employee!
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I live in a fairly small city in Washington State. I pay about $20 a month for my gym membership although I think that's a corporate rate. My gym is pretty "no frills" - the equipment is older and there's no pool. I went to an LA Fitness with a friend who lives in another city ... you could fit 10 of my gyms in that building.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness
    $20/month.
    No start-up fee.
    Includes the 24-hour gym, access to all PF gyms, and tanning. :)

Can't beat it, in my opinion.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I go to Planet Fitness and it's $10 a month. Very nice gym. I like it a lot! No spa or swimming pool and noone judging you or telling you to get a trainer. For $20 a month you can tan and bring a visitor every time you want to.

i do the 20/mo at mine, my PF is 24hours also, and in addition to the free tanning and guest everytime you go you get 50% off all cooler drinks as well and massage chairs.
    Works for me, plus I have access to a gym at work for "noisier" workouts.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    The major gyms around me were absurdly expensive. I found a small old gym within a block of my house for $30 per month. It is run by an ex bodybuilder who trains fitness models, boxers, and bodybuilders. It's wonderful. Everyone there is cool and fun.

The equipment is older but it works just fine. I actually prefer it to a larger more sophisticated gym.
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I go to a local little place for $30 a month. I use it 3 times a week, and comes with a trainer.
  • Johnny_Castle
    Options
    I pay about $20 a month..that's with a student discount...without it it's $30/month
  • nelson6500
    Options
    Gold's Gym $22 a month for everything. At the time there was no sign up fee. I like the fact I can go anywhere in the US with my membership and not worry about it.