Anyone notice??

Options
bestrodeo
bestrodeo Posts: 139 Member
Has anyone noticed that when they shop for close at different stores that the sizes are different too??

Like Me I shop mainly at Rue 21 and love it.. There I can wear a 0/1 to a 3/4 depending on the jeans..
But if i go to belles I wear a 5/6
Walmart 9/10
Kmart 7/8

They all seem to vary by store.. anyone find this odd or know how to find your actual clothes size??

Replies

• jesse19881
    Options
    It's not so much a size difference as a material/design difference. I have no idea what those sizes mean but I have the same problem. Try on a size ten, they fit nicely, next store I get depressed cuz all of a sudden I'm a size 11 or 12. It's lame, but normal. There pretty much is no way of avoiding this unless you stick with one brand name and one store. But who wants to that? lol
  • margurithrt
    Options
    Depends on the store you shop. Sizes do not have standards in the US unfortunately, so knowing brand and how they work with your body is generally a good way to go
  • margurithrt
    Options
    Plus I ignore all junior sizing because having hips and a tiny natural waist are not condusive to that type of pants.
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    It's called vanity sizeing. I ignore what the lable says, if the item fits & looks good then I'll buy it.
  • livnlite
    livnlite Posts: 520
    Options
    Is is related to the 'store' or the brand/manufacturer? Every brand/manufacturer has their own way of determining size...and of course sizes from overseas are even more vastly different that ones made on this continent. Some are made to fit looser, some tighter .. dependant upon the manufacturer.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    It's not just stores - it's brands and even colors. I purchased a pair of grey pants from Penneys a few years ago which I simply loved. I went back and grabbed a pair in blue off the rack, got home, and discovered they were a size smaller. Seems that some clothing companies use different manufacturers and different types of fabric for a given product. So, my new motto is to try everything on, first.

That being said, Old Navy is now my favorite store because I fit into their size 8 jeans. First time I've been in single digits since I was about 7....