My first mile!

Options

Replies

• gabby421
    gabby421 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    :smile: hey good for you!!!i did 2 5ks this year!!i never thought in a million years i would be running a 5k and then i ran 2 of them!!its a great feeling.never say never!now i am PLANNING ON RUNNING A HALF MARATHON in 2012!!!!
  • rissadiane
    rissadiane Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Wish I could been trying for 3 weeks now to build up.

You can do it! I have faith in you :flowerforyou:
  • rissadiane
    Options
    :smile: hey good for you!!!i did 2 5ks this year!!i never thought in a million years i would be running a 5k and then i ran 2 of them!!its a great feeling.never say never!now i am plNNING ON RUNNING A HALF MARATHON in 2012!!!!

That is AWESOME! Good luck!
  • rissadiane
    Options
    Woop woop!! Fantastic! Well done! It was only this summer that I started running using C25K and then B210K and I am running nearly 5 miles now, not easily, admittedly, but still, I'm doing it!!

That is incredible news! Great job!
  • mylyhud
    mylyhud Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm SO happy for you!!!:flowerforyou:
  • katharine1229
    Options
    this makes me so happy to see this! great job! This time last year I couldn't even jog that pace for 30 seconds....and now i'm going on a 10 mile run tomorrow...its all possible and great work!

That motivates me like no other! There are so many times when I have to tell that little (fat) voice in my head that's like "slow down, stop, I'm tired" and then I keep going and it feels fantastic! I can't wait to do 10 miles (at a run even!)

Honestly that C25K program worked wonders. There was one time right in the middle of it that I had the most fierce mental battle of my life I think. It was the first time I had to run 2 miles straight, the the way the program had been going before that you never really ran more than 3/4 of a mile at once without having a bit of a walking break in there. It was so so so so hard to break that barrier but ever since doing that running became a whole lot easier. I swear its all about beating up that voice inside your head!
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! Keep it up!
  • kalexander2005
    kalexander2005 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!! Thanks for sharing !! :)
  • saffir27
    saffir27 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I know what an accomplishment this is. I started at 225lb and couldn't run 2 minutes. I just completed my 6th marathon. So just be aware the success is addictive and so are running those races. Again great job and keep up all the hard work.
  • rissadiane
    Options
    Congrats!!! I know what an accomplishment this is. I started at 225lb and couldn't run 2 minutes. I just completed my 6th marathon. So just be aware the success is addictive and so are running those races. Again great job and keep up all the hard work.

I think I can handle that addiction! :smile:
  • weslfuss
    Options
    That's awesome! I remember thinking I'd never be able to go a whole mile without stopping, and now I can almost do 2!
    Keep running! It only gets easier =3
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    YEAH!!!! You go girl!
  • rissadiane
    Options
    this makes me so happy to see this! great job! This time last year I couldn't even jog that pace for 30 seconds....and now i'm going on a 10 mile run tomorrow...its all possible and great work!

That motivates me like no other! There are so many times when I have to tell that little (fat) voice in my head that's like "slow down, stop, I'm tired" and then I keep going and it feels fantastic! I can't wait to do 10 miles (at a run even!)

Honestly that C25K program worked wonders. There was one time right in the middle of it that I had the most fierce mental battle of my life I think. It was the first time I had to run 2 miles straight, the the way the program had been going before that you never really ran more than 3/4 of a mile at once without having a bit of a walking break in there. It was so so so so hard to break that barrier but ever since doing that running became a whole lot easier. I swear its all about beating up that voice inside your head!

I was doing C25K a while ago, but gave up. Now I'm just going by how my body feels and I feel like I'm getting good results that way. But I won't ever bash on C25K, it's helped a lot of people.
  • rissadiane
    Options
    That's awesome! I remember thinking I'd never be able to go a whole mile without stopping, and now I can almost do 2!
    Keep running! It only gets easier =3

Thanks for your motivation! I can't wait to get to 2! :D
  • InvictusPheonix
    InvictusPheonix Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    getting to a mile is the hardest! after that? you'll be surprised how much you improve! way to go!
  • mochalovies
    mochalovies Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Oh HECK TO THA YEA!

posts like these are so motivating. Keep it up!! -- simpy amazing!
  • shaynes14
    shaynes14 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I am a new runner too! I am hoping someday to be one of those runners who love it. Right now it is still a desire ans struggle. Keep it up! Way to go!
  • rissadiane
    Options
    getting to a mile is the hardest! after that? you'll be surprised how much you improve! way to go!

That's so awesome to hear! I can't wait to get up in miles :D
  • rissadiane
    Options
    Congratulations!! I am a new runner too! I am hoping someday to be one of those runners who love it. Right now it is still a desire ans struggle. Keep it up! Way to go!

I already feel like I love it, even though you know I'm BARELY running!
  • pboyd1963
    Options
    Good job!!!!:wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!