Is my friend fat??

Options
Ok my friend weighs 139, 10 pounds more than me and she is my height 5'6 and she gripes abt being fat, but I don't think she is..what do ya'll think??

Replies

• positivespin29
    positivespin29 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    all in the eye of the beholder. if we feel good in our own body then the # doesn't matter. she obviously feels she could be "healthier" than she currently feels.
  • fiercewarrior1
    Options
    That gives a BMI of 22.4 which is in the healthy range of 18.5-24.9, so she's all good.
  • Forme4real2
    Options
    I don't think she's fat. She just has self esteem issues, especially if she sees you losing weight. She may feel that she needs to as well.
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and weigh 137, so I'm similar in height and weight as your friend. I wear size 4 and do not consider myself "fat". Some people like fishing for compliments.
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    No, she is fine.
  • graycaro
    graycaro Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I weigh 149, also 5'6". My BMI says I'm healthy at 24, though I would like to shed about 20 pounds to feel healthier than I do now (I felt much fitter at 125, especially considering that some of my favorite activities are outdoor sports/hiking related). If I could be at 139 today I'd be glad. I guess it's all about how you see yourself...
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Why is it of your concern?
  • bonnynblithe04
    bonnynblithe04 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a normal range for someone her height.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Ok my friend weighs 139, 10 pounds more than me and she is my height 5'6 and she gripes abt being fat, but I don't think she is..what do ya'll think??

How old are You and Your Friend? I would think that it is important to LIKE YOURSELF First.
  • emfoley2
    emfoley2 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 6.5" at about 140 and the trainer at the gym said my body fat percentage is too high, about 32%, and I need to get down to 128 to get it to a more acceptable 26% for my age. I'm a size 6-8.
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Maybe she just has a "POOR" body image. I know some people who suffer with that....

12117749.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Is she fat? No, far from it. Not even the littlest bit overweight. That doesn't mean she's at the right weight for her body or the ideal level of fitness, though.

At 5'5, I'm in a healthy weight range anywhere between 111 and 150. I've been both, and lower and higher. At 150, I was technically healthy, but chunkier than I'd like to be. At 111, I was technically healthy, but way too thin. Somewhere between the two, I'm fit, strong, healthy and happy.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    How is this a success story? ;)
  • translinda
    translinda Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing!
  • BethanyAnn14
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing!

I didn't mean to put it under success lol
  • BethanyAnn14
    Options
    Is she fat? No, far from it. Not even the littlest bit overweight. That doesn't mean she's at the right weight for her body or the ideal level of fitness, though.

At 5'5, I'm in a healthy weight range anywhere between 111 and 150. I've been both, and lower and higher. At 150, I was technically healthy, but chunkier than I'd like to be. At 111, I was technically healthy, but way too thin. Somewhere between the two, I'm fit, strong, healthy and happy.

Yeah like with me I'm medium boned and when I weigh 147 I didn't even look big at all my measurements were 35-26-35 now I'm 34-25-34 and I look thin...
  • BethanyAnn14
    Options
    I don't think she's fat. She just has self esteem issues, especially if she sees you losing weight. She may feel that she needs to as well.

That might be the prob
  • vger11
    vger11 Posts: 248
    Options

How old are You and Your Friend?

BethanyAnn14, Nothing has changed since your post yesterday...YOU still are not fat and this so called friend of yous is not either.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 and my goal is 135. She is not fat at all.
  • davessweets
    Options
    I weigh 181.7 right now...I am 5'2. My dr says i should be 130 pounds. I dont think she is fat. I would love to be where she is. But Im working on it. Tell her to look in the mirror remember how beautiful she is and smile :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!