Who's running a Turkey Trot this Thanksgiving?

Options
I'm running a 5K Turkey Trot this Thursday in an attempt to work off some of that stuffing in advance. How many other Turkey Trotters do we have out there?

Gobble gobble! :laugh:

Replies

• lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I just did today!!! I ran my first 10K turkey trot today!!! Ran it in 1 hr and 7 min! Very proud!!
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    My husband is running and I'm volunteering (I would be running, but they really needed volunteers) and I may try to sneak in a little bit of the run if they don't need me the whole time!
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I just did today!!! I ran my first 10K turkey trot today!!! Ran it in 1 hr and 7 min! Very proud!!

Congrats - that's excellent! You definitely earned some stuffing (and a reasonable portion of the dessert of your choice). :wink:
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Next Thanksgiving I will!
  • Health_Gal
    Health_Gal Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I am!
  • bert16
    Options
    Next Thanksgiving I will!

Great - I bet you'll love it! It feels great to get out there ahead of the big meal, particularly if the trot in which you participate supports a local soup kitchen (as the one I have run / will be running does). You can't go wrong!
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I am supposed to run a Cold Turkey 10k tomorrow morning, but the tendons in my left ankle are giving me Hell. :(

I'm pretty bummed, but there will be other 10k's.
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    I signed up for my first Turkey Trot , and am looking forward to it! At last check there are over 5,000 participants. Woot!
  • bert16
    Options
    I am supposed to run a Cold Turkey 10k tomorrow morning, but the tendons in my left ankle are giving me Hell. :(

I'm pretty bummed, but there will be other 10k's.

So sorry to hear that... but you're exactly right - there are plenty of 10K's around! Wishing you a speedy recovery. :flowerforyou:
  • shaynes14
    shaynes14 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am doing a 5k on Thursday! I just completed the C25k program yesterday so I thought it was time to see if It works! :)
  • bert16
    Options
    I am doing a 5k on Thursday! I just completed the C25k program yesterday so I thought it was time to see if It works! :)

Ya can't beat that for timeliness - good luck! :smile:
  • Marcel7
    Marcel7 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I will do a short run and some WiFit exercises in the morning. Then I'll relax with my family the rest of the day.
  • bert16
    Options
    I signed up for my first Turkey Trot , and am looking forward to it! At last check there are over 5,000 participants. Woot!

First of all, congrats on the really impressive weight loss!

And hope you have a wonderful first Turkey Trot... with 5,000 other trotters, it sounds like a great time!
  • HungryMom
    Options
    Last year I would never have thought I would be running. In the morning. On Thanksgiving. But I am really looking forward to it. Best wishes to all the trotters.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME

MY FIRST OFFICIAL 8K!
  • erica714
    erica714 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    :happy: i'm running a 4 mile turkey trot on thanksgiving. good luck everyone, have fun!
  • bert16
    Options
    Last year I would never have thought I would be running. In the morning. On Thanksgiving. But I am really looking forward to it. Best wishes to all the trotters.

Happy Trotting to you, too! :flowerforyou:
  • jessicamckay13
    Options
    Me! Running with a friend that has never done a 10k so we will definitely be trotting :) Last year it was 13 degrees, I will CRY if it is that cold again!
  • bert16
    Options
    ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME

MY FIRST OFFICIAL 8K!

Best of luck to you!
  • bert16
    Options
    Me! Running with a friend that has never done a 10k so we will definitely be trotting :) Last year it was 13 degrees, I will CRY if it is that cold again!

Yikes! I hope you're talking Celsius, but I'm pretty sure you mean Fahrenheit... brrrrr! :frown: