5 weeks to loose 5 kilograms

Options
sounds doable right? I hope so! Guess the purpose of this post is to 1. See if anyone has any tips to keep me going (I'm a terrible snacker and love candy!) and 2. See if anyone else might want to jump on the wagon to reach the same goal?

Tips, love and motivation all welcome and appreciated! Goodness knows I'll need it!

T x

Replies

• Romy251
    Options
    I'm keen to do 3kg in four weeks, but i'm sure we can help each other out!
  • Romy251
    Options
    I find raw carrots and celery are great very low calorie snacks... but that's if you like your veges!
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Hi Tilzie. It's cool that you are open to suggestions. My advice is to choose snacks that are satisfying and not loaded with sugar. Things with fiber or veggies. Nuts are great too but you can't have a load of them. There are the 90 cal Fiber One bars that are good. Celery or baby carrots are a good choice too. Yes 5 kg is totally doable in 5 weeks. Hang in there you can do it!
  • felicity866
    Options
    i have just lost 5.7kg in 3 weeks....add me as a friend if you want to see my diaries. I am hoping to do the same or close to in the next few weeks.

cheers.

p.s. the first couple were before I signed up on here
  • LooseWheel
    LooseWheel Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Bump.

:smile: Will join you with this challenge. What's your start for exercise then matey? I'm doing bike riding and 'power 90' a great starters fitness routine. Mix of yoga, cardio and strength. Started on the '30 day shred' by Jillian from the biggest loser and found it a bit too easy. Wasn't kicking my butt like the power 90 can. Lost 10kgs so far since joining mfp and want to lose another 5 ish. My biggest struggle is breakfast. It's meant to be a big meal but it's generally coffee and later a protein shake after my bike ride. Here's to a new short goal. Lets kick butt b4 Christmas hey! Cheers Lou
  • tilzie
    tilzie Posts: 13
    Options
    Bump.

:smile: Will join you with this challenge. What's your start for exercise then matey? I'm doing bike riding and 'power 90' a great starters fitness routine. Mix of yoga, cardio and strength. Started on the '30 day shred' by Jillian from the biggest loser and found it a bit too easy. Wasn't kicking my butt like the power 90 can. Lost 10kgs so far since joining mfp and want to lose another 5 ish. My biggest struggle is breakfast. It's meant to be a big meal but it's generally coffee and later a protein shake after my bike ride. Here's to a new short goal. Lets kick butt b4 Christmas hey! Cheers Lou

Exercise wise I'm looking at the gym 6 times a week for at least 60 minutes a session, plus one personal training session with my trainer a week. Gym visits are cardio x3 weights and toning x3. Being in NZ its more difficult to find various work out videos etc that are talked about on this site! It's frustrating but it's the way it goes. My biggest challenge is getting into that meticulous routine. I'm 4 weeks out from graduating from design school and life is crazy so I know in order to stick to my eating plans I'm going to need to really be disciplined and organized as I go into early morning starts and late nights!
  • HealthyJess88
    HealthyJess88 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm in NZ wanting to lose 5kg in 5 weeks too! Keen to join you
  • tilzie
    Options
    I'm in NZ wanting to lose 5kg in 5 weeks too! Keen to join you

Let's do it girl!
  • Jashella
    Jashella Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm up for it as well. Want to lose 10-12 kilos before New Years (Hopefully).
  • Leanne3552000
    Leanne3552000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm with you! I would love to lose 5kg in 5 weeks and am from NZ too. I only have 5kg left to go so don't know if it's an achievable goal but i'm sure going to try my hardest!
  • bronwynhodsdon
    Options
    I also only have 5kg to go but would love to do them in 5 weeks.... Im in!
  • annemama
    annemama Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I love the motivation we can draw from each other. 5kg in 5 weeks would be fantastic! Any of you who would like to, please friend me. I feel most encouraged when I can encourage others! Have a great first day everyone!

Beth
  • tilzie
    Options
    So exited to have you ladies with me! We can totally do this! Let's check in with each other and keep the motivation high. I start 8am tomorrow morning! Woohoo!

Tx
  • lemorncutt
    Options
    Omg I'm trying to do the same starting 3 days ago. Hope I stick to the diet and want to lose 4 kgs in 4 weeks. Would love new friends for support :)
  • HealthyJess88
    Options
    I love this! Yep fresh start and let's hit it hard ladies!
  • cuddlyrunner
    cuddlyrunner Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I shall join you too, 5 weeks today is Xmas Day and I want to be a stone lighter (14 lbs). This would take me into the next stone bracket down and psychologically keep me on track over the festive period.
  • HealthyJess88
    Options
    Morning! 8am here in NZ, ready for a good day!
  • newfy59
    Options
    Would love to join in the challenge...I'm recovering from knee surgery, so I'm limited in my walking and stationary biking, but I'm doing it ...other drawback are meds that cause weight gain...so what I seem to loose with exercise, the meds are adding back on...don't particularly want to starve myself to loose a few pounds! Suggestions.
  • onehotgirl
    Options
    I would love love to as well

and another Kiwi

*signs in*

:D
  • jbpretty
    jbpretty Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be part of this too. I need all the support I can get. I'm in Canada but I hope that doesn't make much of a difference. I don't know how different the time nhange is but I can try to keep up. Let me know.