Turbo Jammers 4/20-4/26

Options

Replies

• Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    Sara, Kelly and Becky...so great to see you back!
    I did my first Chalean Extreme today along with CP2...I'm gonna be feeling it tomorrow! My arms feel like noodles! :laugh:

have a great day everyone!
    :heart:

Hey Megan!!
    Great job girl!!! I can't wait to give this a try. PLease let me know what you think of her program. Is it as much fun as TJ, is she as encouraging??
    I am so proud of you!!!

Janet:heart:
  • Dragonfly11
    Options
    Hi Family,
    Had some bad knews last night, so only managed to push myself to do 20min and I was glad I did. One of my girlfriends passed away in a freak motorcycle accident - she just got her bike and lost control. It was really horrible and we are all in shock.
    I overslept this morning, missed my workout entirely and am trying to find my spark but truthfully I just really feel blah.:cry:
    I have to write this - I ate 5 (yes, 5, I counted) south beach 100 cal snack bars last night. Not in one sitting; it was over the course of like 4 hours but still..... emotional eating. Haven't practiced that behavior in a while and I'm a little bit mad at myself about that. I somehow managed to have a 78 calorie deficit (that was divine intervention) but it wasn't the better choice, the choices I'm learning to make here..... I just wasn't ready cry yet.

I'm still not.

I am planning on PK & J, 20Min and AB Jam for after work. Not sure if I'm being too ambitious or punishing myself, maybe a little of both. We'll see how it goes:ohwell:

I hope everyone is safe, well and and makes the most of this day ~ that's what I'm shooting for!
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Oh Wow....I am sorry to hear about your friend. Make sure you do take time to grieve though and don't beat yourself up over not working out or your food choices, it will pass. :cry:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Oh, Janet! *BIGHUGS* :heart: I am so sorry for your loss. Give yourself some time to grieve. I'll be praying for you & for her friends & family.
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Janet, (((hugs))) sweetie! I am so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you right now as well as her family.
  • aerome
    aerome Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I'm new. I just got Turbo Jam the other day and did Learn & Burn for the first time with my fiance yesterday. Keeping my hips tucked under the whole time made the upper part of my quads sore, but in a good way. :smile: I think I'm going to like these workouts quite a bit!

Also, I'm sorry to hear about your loss, Janet. There's not much to say, but just know that somebody at the other end of your computer is thinking about you and hopes you, your family & friends the best. :heart:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Janet honey I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Don't beat yourself up, just take care of yourself. Find time to cry, it's okay. We love you!
  • twink
    twink Posts: 6
    Options
    Hey turbo jammers, I am fairly new to mfp, but not to turbo jam. I love the workouts but haven't done them consistently enough to see any results. I was just wondering how do you log the excercise, I completed the turbo scult this morning, but am not sure how to enter the workout? Any suggestions.
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Janet, I'm so sorry about your loss! :brokenheart: I'm sure you're still in shock and the tears will come in time. It's so easy to revert back to old behaviors but you've recognized yours already so congrats to you on that. Do what you can but don't punish yourself. Take care and nourish yourself. You are in our thoughts and prayers!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Janet, I'm sorry about the loss of your friend. You are in my thoughts.
    Becky, I hope you get better fast!
    Hi to everyone else! Sorry I don't have time to comment on everyone's posts!
    I am feeling better, as far as being sick goes. My back is still bothering me. I did the 20 TJ today and my back felt fine until later when I got up from the couch. Maybe I've been sitting on it too much? :huh: My back will eventually straighten out and I'll be back on track. I'll just keep it light.
    Have a good rest of the week!
    MM
  • megan0313
    megan0313 Posts: 394
    Options
    Janet, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss :brokenheart: Take care of yourself and know that we all love you and are thinking of you!

CE is completely different from TJ...it's all weights, no dancing, no fun music...having said that though, Chalene is still Chalene and I really like the workout. I'm pretty sore now though.

Welcome to all the newbies! And congrats on everyone's workouts today! :heart:
  • Beeks5
    Beeks5 Posts: 41
    Options
    Hey Jammers

First of all Janet I am so sorry for your loss :cry: .. I hope you are taking care of yourself, but don't beat yourself up! And sometimes a person just needs to talk it out and that will help with the eating .. so please Janet feel free to tell us how you feel .. and remember darling it will take time .. just remember all the great memories you shared! Take care!:heart::brokenheart: :heart:

Well I think I am ready for TJ again!! The pills are working wonders .. and now I can start to eat real food again!! yummy! :drinker: So I can't wait!!

Well hope you all have a great night!!

Becky!
  • christy559
    christy559 Posts: 105
    Options
    My prayers, :heart: , and good thoughts go out to you and the family of your girlfriend. We are all hugging you and lovin' you through this. Peace & Blessings, Christy :flowerforyou:
  • Kennie
    Kennie Posts: 31
    Options
    Wow, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Don't worry about your emotional eating for right now at all! You have made great progress so far so one night of it will not hinder you at all. Take care of YOU right now!
    My heart is with you!:flowerforyou:
  • wmcnicol
    wmcnicol Posts: 144
    Options
    Janet you are in my prayers!

I haven't had much time to check in this week but have been turbo jamin' my butt off this week (hopefully literally lol) I also started the couch to 5k program last week. anyone else done that?
  • megan0313
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Checking in with CP2 and Ab Jam.
    Whitney, good luck with your couch to 5K! :drinker:

have a great day!
    :heart:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    Morning Ladies. Off to a slow start today. My extra child didn't show up this morning so I slept in.
    I had an off eating day yesterday. Sat down with a glass of milk and some oreos and at them all....14 of them!!! Lucky for me I only went over my cals by about 130, but still, not a very good choice on my part. Oh well today is a new day!

I organized a little walk group and we are suppose to get together M,W,F evenings to walk the 2 mile "greenbelt" in our neighborhood. Well the first week no one showed up so I was walking by myself at my own pace (a mile in about 15 minutes). Last night someone finally showed up and let me tell you what...I was walking slower than my normal "going to the grocery store" pace and she kept asking me to slow down! It took an hour to do 2 miles. I was frustrated when I got home because I felt like I didn't burn any calories and I certainly didn't get the workout I was looking for. I would love for her to keep walking with me but how do I get her to pick up the pace??? She SAYS she wants to lose weight and walk for exercise but at that rate she's not doing either of us any good.

Anyway I hope to get in a full workout today. I probably wont get one in tomorrow due to some appointments by I will try to squeeze something in.
    I'll check in later
  • Dragonfly11
    Options
    Hey Family,
    Hope all are well and jamming on! Only did CP2 and 20min last nite and checking in w/ 20min and Ab Jam today before work. Made better food choices yesterday, far so good for today and that makes me feel really positive! Thanks for all the support ladies, I sure appreciate it. I am feeling a whole lot better today ~ just taking it easy with myself as you guys suggested...... It sure helps when you follw directions :wink:
    Won't have much time to fit anything else in for today , I don't think. It's going to be a little hectic after work, but that's okay, just grateful to be here today ... and for all of you:flowerforyou:
    Take care of yourselves and hug the ones you love .. and if you're an over achiever..maybe the ones you don't:smile:

Janet:heart:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    Checkin in really quick with CP2 and Booty Sculpt=720 cals. I used my new weights with the Booty workout today....my arms are feelin it!
  • megan0313
    Options
    Lyn and Janet, great job on the workouts! Lyn, I know what you mean about "walking buddies"! That's what has always happened to me so now it's just me and my iPod. :laugh: It's nice to have support, but we're all busy, and I need to make the most of my exercise time!
    :flowerforyou: