"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels."

Options
That is a Kate Moss quote I wish I could believe!

Today was rough. I have been creating a surplus of calories by eating tiny meals so that I can have dinner with my boyfriend and our mutual friend, but even with this surplus, I am still not able to have dessert and one of the side dishes. I am also cutting the appetizer in half! It kills!

Replies

• slimkitty
    Options
    I guess Kate Moss never had a banana doused in Nutella wrapped in a tortilla :laugh:
  • casirdms
    casirdms Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I've heard the quote several times but I dunno.. chocolate covered cherries sure do taste good!! haha
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I don't believe that quote. In fact, I've noticed people who are overweight tend to not appreciate food as much. Think about the French culture-- they are obsessed with food but are known for being thin.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    That's a pro-anorexia quote.
  • jess_blonde
    jess_blonde Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    This quote seems very pro-anorexia to me (and if I'm not mistaken, has been adopted by quite a few pro-ana/pro-mia groups online).

I don't like it :/

Everyone deserves to splurge once in a while, it will help keep you from binging! Have a few bites of the side and share the dessert and put in a good workout tomorrow =)
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    That's a pro-anorexia quote.

Exactly!! I HATE this quote so much! For me, weight loss isn't about being skinny, it's about being HEALTHY both mentally and physically. I LOVE good food and I'm going to enjoy it along every step of this journey. Weight loss shouldn't be about depriving yourself of foods you love, it should be about learning healthier habits. And those healthy habits include knowing when to indulge!
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    She's never had a Rolo McFlurry before!
  • softsculptor
    Options
    Haha! I live in Paris (and my boyfriend is French). I am a huge foodie! That is part of my problem. I love it. I am constantly thinking about what I will eat next.

The French are thin because they have small portions and don't eat as much junk food. When I say small...I mean small. Breakfast is normally 1/4 to 1/3 of a baguette with jam or Nutella. Lunch is slightly larger, but not really..maybe a sandwich and fruit. Dinner is one helping of something more substantial.

The exception is when you are eating with friends and family, though. It is just like the holidays back home!
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Two responses to this quote.

(1) I've seen in a past forum a great reply from a woman recovering from an eating disorder who pointed out that skinny does not inherently equate to healthy and from her perspective, the difference is not trivial. Having never walked in her shoes, I still agree with her fundamental point.

(2) IMHO, people who throw this quote around have, I'm guessing, never had a really good crawfish etouffee, never eaten a slice of upside down pumpkin pie with a pecan crust, and never tried a really high-end piece of sashimi. (Or fill in the best foods you've tasted.) For me, it's about eating healthy most of the time...indulgences may undermine skinny but they are not an obstacle to healthy.

Cheers! :drinker:
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    She's never had a Rolo McFlurry before!

Oh god... I need one
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Kate Moss is a liar. Bacon tastes way better than skinny.

Kate Moss also has an eating disorder. So there's that.

You don't need to listen to Kate Moss. You need to learn to moderate yourself. To let yourself enjoy food, but not in over-sized portions. Have your cake, but have a small slice and only after a sensible, healthy dinner. Have that soda, but just one this week and balance it out with plenty of water.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Nothing tastes as good as being fit feels.

Far better. :)
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    It's a pro ana/mia quote...So hopefully you don't quite believe the quote...
  • softsculptor
    Options
    It is only pro-anorexia if you are anorexic. Otherwise, it is a reminder of why you are doing what you are doing.

There are plenty of people who want to lose weight for appearances who are considered in the "healthy" range. As long as you stay in the healthy range, and are not underweight, there is nothing wrong with that.
  • janiecorona
    Options
    If she ate, I might believe it. Since she doesn't...
  • ninelives58
    ninelives58 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, now that you mention it, it does sound like it could be construed that way (pro-anorexia), but I never thought of it that way before. I must admit that I've said this to myself many, many times when I've been tempted to over-indulge. The phrase reminds me that reaching my goal will be more gratifying than whatever the temptation of the moment is.
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I hate this quote almost more than anything else.

This quote was made by someone who was strung out on drugs and had an unhealthy relationship with food.

Yeah, sure I want to agree with anything she has to say about food.

NOT!

There are lots of things that taste better than skinny feels. Trust me, that's how my tail got so big in the first place! :laugh:
  • softsculptor
    Options
    Thank you ninelives58, I agree!
  • ninelives58
    ninelives58 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Nothing tastes as good as being fit feels.

Far better. :)

Yes! I like this version much better. Especially since I have no intention of being "skinny". At 53 yrs old, I need a little meat on my bones.
  • summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Two responses to this quote.

(1) I've seen in a past forum a great reply from a woman recovering from an eating disorder who pointed out that skinny does not inherently equate to healthy and from her perspective, the difference is not trivial. Having never walked in her shoes, I still agree with her fundamental point.

(2) IMHO, people who throw this quote around have, I'm guessing, never had a really good crawfish etouffee, never eaten a slice of upside down pumpkin pie with a pecan crust, and never tried a really high-end piece of sashimi. (Or fill in the best foods you've tasted.) For me, it's about eating healthy most of the time...indulgences may undermine skinny but they are not an obstacle to healthy.

Cheers! :drinker:

Tell me more about this pie you speak of!!