This is my first time actually doing a diet and I really need help
on a day to day meal plan!!
Any help would be great! Thanks! :)

Replies

• pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    **You should try to have something to eat every 3-4 hours
    ** Each time you eat a carbohydrate, eat protein with it (and vice versa).
    ** limit the times you eat out!
    ** pack your lunch and snacks every evening for the next day - be sure you take the time to do this!

BREAKFAST OPTIONS:
    • 1 cup cereal (high fibre i.e.: bran flakes, Kashi Go Lean, Natures Path, Fibre One, etc.) and 1% or skim milk
    • 1-2 slices whole grain toast and natural peanut or almond butter
    • one whole wheat English muffin or wrap or ½ a whole grain bagel and all natural peanut or almond butter or light
    cream cheese
    • 1-2 egg/s on whole grain product (toast, bagel, wrap, English muffin)
    • one fruit and ¾ cup yogurt
    • oatmeal with cut up apples, a sprinkle of cinnamon or brown sugar or peanut butter

LUNCH GUIDELINES:
    • sandwich or wrap with lean ham, turkey, chicken, tuna, salmon or egg AND 1 cup raw vegetables
    • bowl of soup and sandwich/wrap
    • bowl of homemade chilli
    • salad with protein on top (chicken, chick peas, low-fat cheese, fish, lean ham, nuts, etc…)
    • subs – with lean meat, lots of vegetables and whole grain sub bun (no sauces – just mustard)

SNACK / small meal OPTIONS:
    • ONE fruit and yogurt (or, yogurt on its own)
    • ONE fruit and granola bar (Kashi or Nature Valley)
    • hard boiled egg and ONE slice whole grain toast or ½ of a whole wheat English muffin
    • ONE fruit or 1 cup of raw veggies and cheese (one BabyBel Light or Skinny Cow Light OR ½ cup of 1% cottage
    cheese)
    • ONE fruit or 1 cup of raw veggies and 8-10 almonds/walnuts or natural peanut or almond butter
    • Whole grain crackers and low-fat cream cheese or natural peanut or almond butter
    • Kelloggs Oat-bran bar, Kashi, or Nature Valley Chewy Granola Bar & a glass of 1% or skim milk
    • 1/2 whole wheat bagel with light cream cheese or natural peanut/almond butter
    • Soy nuts can be eaten on their own (carb & protein) 1/4 cup
    • 1/2 cup Mixed beans (bean medley in can – drained) (carb & protein) these are great on their own, in salads or
    soups

DINNER GUIDELINES:
    • fish, chicken, steak, pork, (lean meats are best) with vegetables and with either small potato,
    ½ brown or basmati rice, or 1 cup whole wheat, rice or kamut pasta
    • whole wheat, kamut or brown rice pasta dish with protein on top (chicken, pork, fish, light feta, etc…) and lots of
    vegetables (primavera of sorts)
    • any lunch idea is fine for dinners too
    • Stir Frys with lots of veggies, water chestnuts, chicken, lean beef, or shrimp/scallops

WHAT FOOD TO KEEP IN A FRIDGE AT WORK (just in case):
    • a loaf of whole grain bread, wraps OR a sleeve of English muffins
    • a jar of natural peanut or almond butter
    • fresh fruit and raw veggies
    • yogurt
    • your lunch (to keep it fresh)
    • Kashi, Nature Valley Granola Bars or All-Bran bars

FOODS FOR THE ROAD
    • fruit
    • Kashi granola bars (won’t melt!)
    • trail mix (don’t eat too much at once….very high in calories/fat)
    • box of whole grain crackers
    • mixed nuts (don’t eat too many at once….very high in calories/fat)
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    To better help a little background info would help.

What type of food do you like - dislike - willing to try?
    How many times a day are you going to eat?
    What times are you going to eat - exercise?
  • votrubem
    Options
    How about a really yummy wrap?
    Boil one chicken breast and then shred or cube it. Mix in one tbsp of light mayo (I prefer red pepper hummus for more flavor) and some chopped artichoke hearts. Sprinkle in a little bit of parmesan cheese. Spread out roughly eight leaves of spinach on two small whole wheat wraps each, and then split the chicken mixture between the two. You can microwave the wrap to melt the cheese if you'd like :)

Each wrap is 150-200 cals, and it's nice to save the second wrap for a snack or a meal later.

I follow the five small meal/snack diet, and this works great :)
  • chasityking
    Options
    Wow that was a big help! Thank you soo much!!
  • empress360
    empress360 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    How about a really yummy wrap?
    Boil one chicken breast and then shred or cube it. Mix in one tbsp of light mayo (I prefer red pepper hummus for more flavor) and some chopped artichoke hearts. Sprinkle in a little bit of parmesan cheese. Spread out roughly eight leaves of spinach on two small whole wheat wraps each, and then split the chicken mixture between the two. You can microwave the wrap to melt the cheese if you'd like :)

Will definitely be trying this! Sounds good!
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • chrissi_k
    chrissi_k Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I am still trying to figure out myself what to eat each day since I am so used to eating pasta and pizza or just bread.
    What I really like is:

breakfast:
    - yoghurt 200 g, 0.1 % fat
    - 1 banana
    - 20 g cereals

I don't know what that all is in pounds, I am sorry. I just know 1000 gram are 2.204 lbs.

Lunch:
    vegetable paddy (does that make sense? I call it Gemüsetaler in German)
    Take whatever vegetables you like.
    I use:
    - Carrots
    - zucchini
    - mushrooms
    - tomatoes (just the outside, without the inner part)

I cut everything in really small pieces and put it in a bowl, then I add a little bit of flour and one egg to it so everything will stick together, sometimes I add even a little bit of cheese.

then I make small pads and put them into a pan (I don't use oil) and wait until their are cripsy.

another meal:
    - spinach
    - tomatoes
    - mushrooms
    - parmesan

First I put the spinach leaves in the pan, then I add the mushrooms and then in the end tomatoes. And then I put some parmesan cheese on top of it.

Dinner:
    I love all kind of salads so sometimes it is a cucumber, sometimes another salad. I love to add mushrooms, tomatoes to it.