Big Deal for me and a NSV I would say....

Options
My son and I went for a walk today, which to a lot of people here is probably no big deal, but for me it is. I used to huff and puff walking from my house up to the top of my community to the bus stop which is about 1/4 mile, it would take me 20 minutes and 2 bottles of water and the sleeve of my shirt to wipe the sweat. Today though, we walked 3 miles in 1 hour, 1 hour! I am so freaking impressed with myself...it came out to 6,220 steps, I walked at 3.26 mph (new pedometer today, hope I set it right) but anyway I just had to talk about that because it is a big deal for me. Have a great evening all.

Replies

• pocketpygmie
    Options
    Good for you!!!
  • dhayes
    dhayes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Congratulations that is an awesome accomplishment!!!:smile::wink: :smile: :wink: :smile: :wink: :smile: :wink: :smile: :wink: :drinker:
  • melvac
    melvac Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    That is Fantastic!! It is a big deal for all of us, congrats!!!
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    WAY TO GO! That is wonderful!
  • merrick7871
    Options
    Thats great!! All you have to do is stick with it and take it one day at a time.
  • Deirdre_R
    Deirdre_R Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    you must feel so amazing being able to do things that you couldn't before :-)
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Good on you! Not just for your accomplishement, but for including your son and being an example to him.

I myself am a "destination walker" are there any stores or attractions nearby that you can set for yourselves as goals?
  • Babieseverywhere
    Babieseverywhere Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Well done :)
  • TriciaAllen7251
    TriciaAllen7251 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Very good. Kids are great motivators.
  • ChrissyLu723
    ChrissyLu723 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your comments, you all have put a smile on my face (while I try to keep the happy tears back)

@auntiebabs We live on a mountain so the stores are all about 5 miles from the house. One day though, one day