What was your most remembered/favorite NSV??

Options
2»

Replies

• jchester71
    jchester71 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Last week during gym time for special needs adults, one of my guys asked how high I could jump, and I shocked myself by being able to touch the rim. (Landing on my reconstructed hip was no fun, but I limped away smiling.) I haven't been able to do that in 5 years, and figured I never would again.
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Getting into a favorite dress that hadn't fit in a long time, and having everyone compliment me on my "new" dress because they didn't remember ever seeing me in it.
  • caitmcwill
    Options
    having my ex husband tell me I looked good...haha his loss :)
  • allie864
    allie864 Posts: 298
    Options
    All of these are great!!

For me, it'd have to be when I felt/saw my hip bones. I still put my hands on my hips sometimes just to make sure they're still there, haha :blushing:
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    When the owner of the company I work for publicly congratulated me via a company wide meeting and our newsletter. Yeah, I got a lot of jealous hatred towards my way but it was worth it. She is very supportive of me as well, offers a lot of encouragement. I think its win win, I represent the company better by looking better so she is happier because she is a gym nut !
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    All of these are great!!

For me, it'd have to be when I felt/saw my hip bones. I still put my hands on my hips sometimes just to make sure they're still there, haha :blushing:

I find myself staring at my collar bone in amazement that it's there.....and it amazement at my butt and how it's not so big anymore!!! lol
  • ddiestler
    ddiestler Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I have two.. first one is when I realized my fat no longer slapped when I worked out.LOL
    Second, yesterday when I was able to run 3.3 miles without stopping..11'39 a mile is not bad!

I still have a good 30 to lose but I feel amazing!
  • Majunta
    Majunta Posts: 575
    Options
    My most memorable NSV was my first; bending over to tie my shoes without grunting, struggling or pain. It will stick with me forever!
  • fatty2fit88
    fatty2fit88 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    when my friend said that i was her inspiration for weight loss!!
  • cecilia0909
    cecilia0909 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Now that I know what NSV stands for- mine is when I was able to fit perfectly into my old favorite jeans. The same ones that the year before I could not get more than 1 inch past my knees!
  • sonic_the_cat
    sonic_the_cat Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Finishing my first 5K. A year ago just trying would never have entered my mind. Crossing the finish line (not last) was the best feeling ever!
  • victoria543
    victoria543 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    When i put on my pre-babies uniform last worn 4 yrs ago woooohooooo !!!! :happy:
  • irisheyes42us
    Options
    Mine was when I put on a pair of slacks for church that I wore last year and they were so baggy I could not let myself wear them!:flowerforyou:
  • CashierCantin
    CashierCantin Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    The first time I went pants shopping since losing weight. All my elastic ones were falling off me.
    I went to the dressing room with size 14, 12 and size 10's thinking no way would I get into a size 10....maybe a 12 but not a 10.

I tried on the 14 and they were so big they fell off me as soon as I buttoned them.
    Ok, lets try the size 12.
    They were still way too loose.
    Ok.....the size 10's are gonna fit just right.

And then I cried!

i buttoned them and they were still very loose. I couldn't believe it. I had to do double takes in the mirror!

So I got dressed, took the other three sizes back and got a size 8.

They fit like a glass slipper! I covered my mouth and jumped up and down and did a happy dance in the dressing room.

I had never gotten into a single digit pair of pants in my life. And the fact they were real denim and not stretchy...that was my most memorable NSV!
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Realizing I could see the outline of a "2-pack" (far away from a 6-pack but better than stomach fat!)
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Well it after today, I think my new favorite NSV is that am now wearing a size 4 from Kohls!!!!
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Mine was needing a new belt to hold up my pants!
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    My mom bought this really cute sweater dress last year and I had bought some cute tights to go with it to wear with my long boots so I tried it on and it looked terrible on me every roll showing and the tights didnt go all the way on me, :cry:
    anyways 65 lbs less and I tried the dress on thinking it would be nice to wear for fall weather and it looked really nice, perfect fit! :happy: after last year it not fitting it made all the hard work worth it and another nice NSV my husband is having trouble being able to keep his hands off me, things have been really fun lately:blushing:
  • sbcass
    sbcass Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I now have about an inch and half space between my thigh and the steering wheel. Before I started this journey, I had about a half inch space.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!