Foods I don't like (but wish I did)

Options
Ok, this is meant to be kind of a fun post.

Are there any foods that you wished you liked or think you should like but don't? For example, I absolutely HATE oatmeal. I will force myself to eat it at times and put bananas or raisins in it to make it more palatable, but I really can't stand it. Some people say they love oatmeal and I'm like, YUCK!!! Who could "love" that stuff. I wish I liked it because it's sooooo healthy but I just can't get over the texture/taste. I am not a picky eater so I like most stuff, but I don't care to eat apples that much either.

What are some foods that you wished you liked, but don't?

Replies

• Figuringoutme
    Options
    Some fruit. I want to like bananas
    fresh berries
    green beans
    I don't really care for eggs either. I will scramble some thinking they sound good and they never are. no matter how I make them.
    I hate jams ans jellies!!!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Bananas :(
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Celery !!! I like the taste but hate the texture and it is so good for you.:sad:
  • tiptoeketo
    tiptoeketo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Eggs

I also wish I didn't have a fish allergy because it all looks so darn tasty to me!
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Cucumbers
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Fish
  • emmamcblain
    Options
    Tomatoes D:
    I'd say cucumbers, but I absolutely despise them...
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Definitely Egg whites. I used to like them a lot, but I had a bad omelet once.... No. More.
    And I am SO there with the oatmeal.... I imagine myself liking it, and I WANT to enjoy it, but sometimes it's blah.
  • danielleeeee
    Options
    Ok, this is meant to be kind of a fun post.

Are there any foods that you wished you liked or think you should like but don't? For example, I absolutely HATE oatmeal. I will force myself to eat it at times and put bananas or raisins in it to make it more palatable, but I really can't stand it. Some people say they love oatmeal and I'm like, YUCK!!! Who could "love" that stuff. I wish I liked it because it's sooooo healthy but I just can't get over the texture/taste. I am not a picky eater so I like most stuff, but I don't care to eat apples that much either.

What are some foods that you wished you liked, but don't?

I don't really like the mush of oatmeal either so I eat it raw - lots! I do 1/3c large flake oatmeal plus 15g (1tbsp) peanut butter and mix it up well. Then I add a small (or half) banana or apple. It's pretty yummy actually, I much prefer this texture!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    FISH! I know it's healthy but I cannot stand any!!!!
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Celery. I like the crunch but the flavour is just gross!
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms, asparagus, brussels sprouts, lima beans, beets, radishes. Mushrooms would make my life a lot easier. :)

Crab, shrimp, lobster, shellfish. I love other fish, squid, octopus, etc. but can't get past the texture (and in crab and lobster's case, taste).
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    no food in particular but fruit flavors...for example, I like strawberries, but I hate strawberry flavored food (yogurt, juices, etc.) same with pinapple and bananas
  • OfficerFuzzy
    OfficerFuzzy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Celery.
    I hate everything about it. >;0
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I used to say this about yogurt. I always wanted to like it for its "good diet food" properties. It is just too soupy and I'd keep buying it wanting to enjoy it but sure enough it sat in the fridge, surpassing its expiration date. UNTIL greek yogurt hit the scene... I love it and its thick, satisfying texture. Way more protein than regular so it's a win win for me now.
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    It would probably be easier for me to list foods I like but wish I didn't.

I don't like cottage cheese but sometimes wish I could stomach it. I have severe texture issues.
  • SupeNikkie
    SupeNikkie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I really don't care for salad very much. I know that "salad" includes endless varieties, with endless ingredients, and I don't mind eating it when other people make it, and will even order it sometimes in a restaurant, but I rarely make salads for myself.
  • backstreet1008
    Options
    Eggs
    Cottage cheese
    Oranges/orange juice
    Lemons and limes
    Tomatoes (sometimes)
    Sweet potatoes

And a couple things I like the taste of but my stomach isn't crazy about:
    Broccoli
    Bananas
    Milk
    Beans

I also wish I wasn't allergic to strawberries :(
  • GertiLee
    GertiLee Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hummus
    Greek yogurt
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Avocados, tomatoes, eggplant..I'm sure there are a lot more, but those are the only ones I can think of right now :)