Ladies: how do you control yourself during that "week"

Options
So, today is day 4 of my cycle and usually the day before and the day of, I dont eat alot and I try to drink as little as I possibly can (for the obvious reasons) anyway, today I went completely over-board. I ate:

2 Bowls Of Fruity Diamonds (With Whole Milk!)
12" Subway Sandwhich (which is a no-no, cuz it wasnt a healthy one either. my fiancê knows im on a diet and bless his heart, he thinks everything from subway is healthy.)
2 Cups-O-Noodle (Shrimp)
2 Spoonfuls of Au Grain Potatoes
2 pepsi's (another no no, but it tasted soooooo good)

All Carbs! & it's not even 9pm yet!!

How do you contain yourself during that time of the month?

Replies

• Kyliechristie
    Options
    Clearly, don't ask me! I ate 3 apple turnovers for dinner last night. Back on track today tho. If there is anyone out there who can always handle it - i want to know too.
  • samb
    samb Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    i dont really ever feel different, but i would just suggest lots of fruit, nuts, vegetables & dip. maybe melt some dark chocolate on strawberries? trail mix for sure....
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    i have yet to figure this one out LOL

one time i was 4,000 calories over, haha it was bad!
  • LiL_MisS_C
    LiL_MisS_C Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Put a lock on the fridge and the cupboards? LOL. ;)
  • ambere219
    Options
    i usually don't have an appetite during period week, i get a lot of nausea and just feel disgusting. However, something that helps me during any time of craving is chewing teeth whitening gum-keeps your mouth busy and would taint everything you tried eating with mint. Also painting my nails-for same reason.
  • vannessasheane
    vannessasheane Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I find it supremely hard to control myself the week before. I am sooooooo very hungry and always hungry, I have found that if I graze, and I do try to limit the amount and just keep switching my food around ie, eat a few nuts, then a few crackers. I find that I dont start bingeing on one thing and manage to keep sane. My calorie intake definetly goes up and usually I am so freaking tired that I don't want to work out but I do push myself to at least get in 15 minutes.

I don't know if this will help you, but I know grazing (eating all day long but little bits) for me tends to keep my calories down
  • cheechersmom
    Options
    Mine comes in two days and today was an absolute mess! my kids stressed me out to the max and I was so hormonal I ate everything I could get my hands on! :( UGH!!!! I hate this time of the month. I feel like I'm undoing all the good I did last week. I totally understand.
  • letonia_
    letonia_ Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I only crave for sweets, so I made a big bowl of diet jelly (strawberry) and I ate as much as I wanted ;)
  • shelbyweeeee
    shelbyweeeee Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it gets the best of me. For instance last week, I ate an entire container of frosting!! UGH! 1400 cals later..... but thankfully, I didn't gain from that, but actually lost .2!! Some months are better then others. If I can't control it, I just plan to make sure to be mindful afterwards to recover from it.
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I was always very ravenous during this time as well. The trick for me was to get all the sugar out of my diet and eat smaller meals more often (every two to three hours). Once I did this, I don't get too hungry during any day of the month anymore.
  • cheechersmom
    Options
    agree with vanessa too....I'm just dead tired! I could hardly keep my eyes open this afternoon. No exercise today either.
  • smkcx♥
    smkcx♥ Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    i usually don't have an appetite during period week, i get a lot of nausea and just feel disgusting. However, something that helps me during any time of craving is chewing teeth whitening gum-keeps your mouth busy and would taint everything you tried eating with mint. Also painting my nails-for same reason.

I can't chew gum, I mean I can, I just have a bad habit of swollowing my gum -- I dont realize it until I realize that my gum is gone!, so I had to just quit chewing gum all together.
  • allofourdreams
    allofourdreams Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    i don't look at it as a "diet" .. it's a complete lifestyle change. even on the days where i'm not hormonal, i'll eat a small amount of something that isn't considered diet food per say. i don't try to deprive myself of something, i'll just make sure i stay in my calorie range and if possible, always make it at home. that way, i know what's going in it and it's healthier in that aspect. usually, if i eat something like that.. i won't crave it again. i do tend to eat more in that "week" but it's healthy stuff, and i still exercise. i haven't touched a soda since i started and i don't want to :)
  • smkcx♥
    smkcx♥ Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    agree with vanessa too....I'm just dead tired! I could hardly keep my eyes open this afternoon. No exercise today either.

I excercised for 2hrs the other day and my back has been bothering me ever since. I think I may have over-done it. Not sure?

I dont really feel any different the week prior, I feel irritable but thats about it, but today I just went WILD eating everything. ughhh. lol
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    If anyone has a magic spell to help us out, please pass along. I will be the FIRST in line to get it.

I am usually HORRIBLE during that time. Consistently over, sometimes by 500 calories! :mad: I often crave sweets but sometimes its sweets and salt together which means double trouble. Alas, I usually just suck it up and realize I will be defeated. :sad:
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    The best thing I can do is not have tempting food around and reason with myself not to go get a pint of ice cream (I live right across from the supermarket)! I get really hungry too. I just try to keep chugging water like crazy and chew gum. Try eating fruit if you get the sweet craving!
  • Iamachocaholic
    Options
    oh you guys have just made my day ... here I was thinking that I have the world's worst willpower, since I've eaten nearly everything in my kitchen these last two days (not to mention TWO trips to McDonald's and one to Subway!) ... thanks for sharing your experiences!

a fellow TOM muncher .. :)
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    day 3 for me and umm lol idk my day really wouldnt have been bad if i hadnt' eaten that whole chocolate orange.......
  • TrimThinTonedTight
    Options
    I'm one of the lucky few that doesn't go over-board at all during that time.

I'm just really nauseated during that week. Sometimes I have problems even eating 800 cals on bad days.

Most food just smells really bad the week before and of. Deli meat, fish, and bread are all no-no's during that time. I even tell my friends to eat their lunch at least 6 feet away if they have any of the above mentioned.

Although I almost never have enough energy or desire to exercise during those weeks of the year.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I really don't know how I do it, but what I have noticed is if I stick to my goals and eat healthy and under my calorie goal that week I have a huge loss at my first weigh in after my period is over!