Washbard ABS!

Options
Does anyone have any tips on some good ab exercises? I have been doing 200 crunches a day along with scizzor kicks and I'm looking for something new to mix it up and get those super flat abs..:drinker:

Replies

• brfortu
    brfortu Posts: 27
    Options
    Does anyone have any tips on some good ab exercises? I have been doing 200 crunches a day along with scizzor kicks and I'm looking for something new to mix it up and get those super flat abs..:drinker:
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Have you ever thought of bellydance...you would be amazed at the workout and it is a beautiful and feminine artform...plus it is just so enjoyable!

This picture was taken when I first started dancing...I was 48 at the time and 20 lbs heavier!

Good luck find something you enjoy,

Fat Dancer
  • christahollis
    Options
    You could try a plank workout...starting from the plank position and modifying from there...just do a search, you'll doubtless find lots of exercises. It's a good core move, and easy to incorporate.
  • bla115
    bla115 Posts: 206
    Options
    You could try a plank workout...starting from the plank position and modifying from there...just do a search, you'll doubtless find lots of exercises. It's a good core move, and easy to incorporate.

Planks are fantastic for your abs and whew they are challenging! I go to an ab class and we do lots of planks. I highly recommend them!
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    pilates:smile:
  • DevilDog
    DevilDog Posts: 37
    Options
    I recently hit a brick wall with my abs too.....I was bored and my routine was old.

I started going to an Ab class called "six pack abs".......OMG, let me tell you. Its a blast. My abs are sore after every class. I've been doing it 3 times a week. 30 minutes per session.

Good Luck

DD
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    i second fat dancer! bellydancing works all of your core muscles, and its fun. a few minutes of practicing belly rolls and flutters makes me sore, plus you can do them at your desk:tongue:
  • alyfin
    alyfin Posts: 103
    Options
    I like pilates because doing the abs workout also strengthens my neck and shoulders.
  • Xtracrispy69
    Options
    we all have abs...you may have extra fat or skin or your mid section. Increase your cardio but stil maintain your ab regime of choice. Personally I do five sets of 25 crunches in varying positions daily, with 50 leg lifts. Do slow and focused crunches, not speedy
  • brfortu
    brfortu Posts: 27
    Options
    Thanks for all of your suggestions! I tried the plank workout and love it! You all rock!