My MFP anniversary! 60lb gone (pics)

Options
I used to play softball in college. I was pretty thin. Then I stopped playing softball and kept eating the same amount as I was when I was playing double headers twice in a weekend and training for hours every day.

5447851523_3ff09721e6.jpg

I fell into one of those downward spirals. It wasn't pretty. Here I am with my sister.

5447851165_b19eb115e9.jpg

It just kept getting worse. And worse.

5448457808_690715f39b.jpg[/url]

So finally I got off the couch and did something.
I tried again. And again. Until it finally worked. I love you, MFP.

5456824106_55cb409f17.jpg

I joined a gym and got some of my confidence back. I also finally got back to 200 pounds which was also important. There's that smile I knew was there. I hated this picture for a while but then I realized that there was a skinnier me in this picture fighting to get out and I finally wasn't suppressing her anymore with pizza and chocolate cake. This was a very important photo.

5601722172_e03ab6908c.jpg

10 more pounds gone and I was at 190. I'm toning up here finally because here is where I became addicted to spinning. If it wasn't for spinning, I don't think I would have gotten as far as I did. This was the turning point in my weight loss. I had gotten this far with other diets (lifestyle changes? pfft, they're diets) in the past so part of me felt like I would just get this far again and gain it all back but part of me was in a completely different mindset this time and I knew I would keep going so I just did.

5733928296_d792a5f819.jpg

180 by May 18th! It was the first "REAL" goal I set for myself. Goals are scary for me because if I set them and don't reach them then I completely give up. Oh, also I set unrealistic goals for myself. This time, I set a completely realistic goal for myself with the help of my MFP friends and I hit 180 lbs on my birthday, May 18th. I was ecstatic. Another turning point because I learned how to set goals and also how to be gentle with myself.

6316786833_5ba7f53d53.jpg

Then I moved overseas, changed just about EVERY ASPECT IN MY LIFE OMG AHHH HELP, from my relationship to my career to the type of place I was living (going from New York to a small little town on a dirt road), and also I had no internet at all. No MFP. For months. I was dying. It was rough. I tried my very best and it took a lot longer because I didn't have support and I couldn't afford a gym and I was all alone without my friends or family but I finally lost another 10 pounds. 160. Finally.

I have 20 pounds to go to reach my goal. If I got this far with all this ridiculousness going on, I know nothing will stop me now, no matter how long it takes. Now I'm in no rush.

Thanks for reading. :flowerforyou:

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!