I REALLY hate being fat

Options
Hola Folks,
My name's Jenn and I just signed up tonight. I'm hoping for some sort of accountability and source of motivation. I am a middle school teacher, mother of a 15 month old daughter, and wife to an awesome husband. Yet, I feel so inadequate about myself. I feel like a stranger in this body, like it's not me. I want to shed this extra weight/padding and feel my body thrive and become stronger. I look forward to exploring all of the resources this site has to offer. Maybe I'll get to chat with some of you. :0)

Replies

• MrsJackieH
    MrsJackieH Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!!! this place is an amazing support system and a great community of ppl going through the same thing! first congratz on your baby :) feel free to add me secondly! and again welcome!
  • barbergirl28
    barbergirl28 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Good luck - I just joined this a few days ago and I am absolutely loving this site. I am hoping that I will see all the difference when I finally weigh in tomorrow! :)
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! It is great to have you here!! If you need any support or anything please let me know! Add me as a friend I am good supporting my friends and I have been told I am a riot...LMAO. Well I am proud of you to take the step in being here and following your weightloss goal!
  • cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I'm going through that same sense of inequality... I feel that by being overweight/obese that I'm someone I'm not.
    I know deep inside this shell is a person, an active, healthy and physical person that wants to get out. I can feel him.

And by god, this website helped him get the hell out - it helped 'him' become 'me'.

I've still got a lot of way to go before my weight loss journey is finished, but I need to let you know that if you dedicate to this website the time and effort to log your food and exercise in routine, you don't need to worry. That woman inside of you will JUMP out of there in no time :)
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    hmmmm

This might be my problem. I don't hate it as much as I should. I need to hate being fat more.

Sorry to make this all about me, welcome to MFP.
  • mrk1day
    mrk1day Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    This site really can do wonders if you use it! Good luck on your journey and I'm glad you are taking the step to start transforming yourself!
  • muffintopteri
    Options
    Welcome Jenn! This really is a great site and I hope you find the success and friends you are looking for. My baby is 14 but I have a grandson who is 6 weeks old! That baby will keep you busy for sure! Feel free to add me to your friends list. I hope to be an encouragement because I loved your topic line "I REALLY hate being fat" :sad:
  • liveinthemix
    liveinthemix Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site!!
  • villageteacher
    Options
    Wow! Thanks guys! This must be an active website because I've gotten several welcomes in the last few minutes. I am already so encouraged by the amount of support and encouragement I am feeling. Blessings to you all! I can't wait to start logging in my meals and my exercise tomorrow. I'm horrible at exercise, so I'm seriously just gonna start with a 20 minute workout and work my way up. :)
  • Lakensmama
    Lakensmama Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I started my journey when my daughter was 13 months old, this past january, I am now 70 pounds lighter! I have 7 more pounds to lose and I'm done! You can do it, just stick with it, count your calories! You will so much better about yourself! :) add me as your friend!!
  • Orrgarde86
    Orrgarde86 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling! Feel free to add me (and that goes to anyone)!

You can definitely do this. Drive, determination, hard work and MFP will get you there!
  • jasmineheaven
    Options
    Welcome and remember, you will always be the same person no matter what size you are so love yourself unconditionally and love yourself enough to take care of that body of yours. Your the only one that can make that change....without surgery :)