MMMMM... Sandwich(:

So today I invented a new sandwich! At least I think I invented it... Anyways, I added shredded chicken breast, a slice of kraft american cheese, few slices of cucumber and spread some laughing cow garlic and herb cheese on two slices of Sara-Lee 45 cal. delightful multi grain bread. It was delicious!! All together it was 336 calories! But if you're looking for something lighter you could skip the kraft cheese and go a little lighter on the spreadable cheese. Anyone else have some weird and random but amazing sandwich concoctions?

Replies

• jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    thanks for sharing - - it sounds really gooooood~
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    That's like my favorite sandwich! I always do Oroweat Whole Wheat Sandwich Thins (I love love LOVE dark bread), with roasted chicken breast, laughing cow cheese spreaded on the bread, and then cucumber slices! :D
  • JULIUSKITTY
    JULIUSKITTY Posts: 126 Member
    181 cals,

stole of board somewhere...

English muffin-toasted
    Fried egg white
    3-4 T cottage cheese
    Ketchup!
  • tracymnx
    tracymnx Posts: 105
    Marmite and fat free cream cheese on wholemeal, it rocks!!
  • I have 3 favourites:

1. Peanut butter, tomato and onion.
    2. This one needs to be toasted - sliced green apple, sultanas, peanut butter and alfalfa sprouts.
    3. Chicken breast shredded really small and mixed with low-fat mayo (til it is like a spread), with rocket leaves, sliced cucumber and toasted slivered almonds.

Mmmm - now I am hungry.
  • Yes - this is delicious - two slices of multigrain bread with shredded chicken - finely chopped almonds - weightwatchers mayonaise and shredded iceberg lettuce - it is scrumptious and good quality protein!
  • Oh and also this is a real yummy one for breakfast - sounds gross but DONT KNOCK IT TILL YOU TRIED IT! Two slices of Soy and Linseed Burgen bread (toasted) then a light coating of crunchy peanut butter - then sliced tomatoes on top - D E L I C I O U S!
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    My favorite sandwich ever is super weird.

1-2 tablespoons of peanut butter, mixed really well with.....yellow mustard.
    Kidney beans and cucumbers between 2 slices of bread or choice. I've always eaten weird things though..

Stems from my boredom with the food at military college. Being a vegan there sucked so you get pretty damn creative.
  • Rosepetals11
    Rosepetals11 Posts: 32 Member
    Wow I'm not even pregnant and most of these sound AMAZING!
  • TrishaLeighNelson
    TrishaLeighNelson Posts: 258 Member
    Two of my favorites, 1) light flat out bread, light fat free strawberry cream cheese, spinach, romaine and lean turkey meat. I also love it with fresh peaches. And 2) 3slices of toasted aunt millies 35 calories whole grain bread, laughing cow light french onion spread, spinach, tomato and turkey