May (Early) No Eating at Night group

Options
Open to all!
I've got to stop snacking at night - I'm not even hungry! But I see my husband snacking and it makes me want to snack, too. In front of the TV even!

I've broken the habit once, I can do it again!

Replies

• July
    July Posts: 239
    Options
    Open to all!
    I've got to stop snacking at night - I'm not even hungry! But I see my husband snacking and it makes me want to snack, too. In front of the TV even!

• caityjean
    caityjean Posts: 40
    Options
    I'm with you on that one! I snack at night ALL the time! Even when I say no eating after 7, I completely break down. The food journal helps me a lot, but not completely. It takes 30 days to break a habit and I am so willing! :happy:
  • queenmina
    queenmina Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Open to all!

I'm with you there! I want to stop having carbs at night. And NO to SNACKING in front of the TV too!

And yes, you're so right we can do this. :)
  • tallutta
    tallutta Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I think it is like obsessive compulsive disorder this constant snacking need.

It is a stress relieve though for most especially after working all day.

Have you tried crudites ... the elegant french name for raw vegetables? Celery, string beans, etc. high in fiber and really help control the blood sugar. Watch out for carrots though too much sugar for some people.

I have started freezing protein bars like "Think Thin". I cut them up first and put them in the freezer that way they take longer to chew and are very satisfying. Also meditating really has helped me to calm the mind.

Good luck.
  • KKluvUSC
    KKluvUSC Posts: 37
    Options
    I am IN. I have been late-night-snacking free for 5 days and counting! :)
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    And of course July I am in.... We already talked about it. Looking forward to stopping this nasty habit!!! It has to end....:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Kel:heart:
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I want to join. But what constitutes late night snacking? What is your cut off times? And how do you determine it?
  • queenmina
    Options
    Personally, I want to cut off eating after 8pm (ok maybe 9pm) and make sure that my last meal of the day doesn't have carbs. :smile:

Do you think we all should check in on a specific day in the week to see how we're all holding up to the challenge?

Saturdays?

What do you think?
  • Tofuheart
    Tofuheart Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I am too a night time snacker. It used to be ice cream at 3 am but I'm managed to curb that and drink a big glass of water. I notice when Im bored at night I eat bad things when I'm actually thirsty. :)
  • oleg483
    oleg483 Posts: 4
    Options
    drink milk instead it has like 8g of protien per glass ... if u wanna loose weight drink 1% ... thats like my secret weapon ... i only eat at night if i come back from the gym late wich doesnt happen often .. latest i eat is 11 .. its differant for every one it varys on alot of things like when u wake up and when u go to sleep. i go to sleep at 2 or so. i recently discovered cottage cheese is a bad *kitten* source of protien and theres like barley any fat ... i mix jelly sour cream and suger... im a hard gainer i was always under 160 lb 6'3" im at 181 now .. in conclusion dairy = good night snack
  • July
    Options
    I am IN. I have been late-night-snacking free for 5 days and counting! :)

Good for you! I think I'm going to start keeping track of late night snacking free days, too. I hate to break a good run!
  • July
    Options
    I want to join. But what constitutes late night snacking? What is your cut off times? And how do you determine it?

We all have different schedules, so it's best that we set our own times, and maybe make them public. These are my times:

1. No snacking after dinner or
    2. If I have a late night (midnight) (I'm a teacher, sometimes work takes me longer than I think) no snacking 2-3 hours before I think I'm going to bed.

For a check in day, is Saturday good for most? For me, Monday nights is best because I have better access to the Internet, but I will find a way!
  • caityjean
    caityjean Posts: 40
    Options
    All sounds good!!! Is May 1st the start date?
  • Redneckwoman
    Options

We all have different schedules, so it's best that we set our own times, and maybe make them public. These are my times:

1. No snacking after dinner or
    2. If I have a late night (midnight) (I'm a teacher, sometimes work takes me longer than I think) no snacking 2-3 hours before I think I'm going to bed.

For a check in day, is Saturday good for most? For me, Monday nights is best because I have better access to the Internet, but I will find a way!
  • Redneckwoman
    Options
    Saturday is a great time for me to check in. I say for myself no snacking after 8P.M. as I usally go to bed around 10:00 or 11:00. I think this will really help with my weight loss. I usally find my self in the kitchen looking for a snack at night around 8:30 to 9:30 so maybe I won't be snacking at all in the evenings.:drinker: LOL. I know I must be dreaming......
  • queenmina
    Options
    Sounds like a plan!

Both Monday or Saturdays are good for me. :)

I'm going to cut it off at 9pm next week. And see if I can make it earlier for subsequent weeks. :)
  • k1b2k3
    k1b2k3 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi, everyone! I'm in.
    It's one of my 2 worst weakness. The other is eating food I shouldn't on special events: birthdays, meetings, vacations. I went to the beach a month ago and I gained the 6.6 lbs I had lost. It took me almost 3 months to lose weight and it all broke down.

I'm trying to get back on my feet.

How does it work?

Do we stay in touch for support?

Best of luck!

Have a great day.
  • July
    Options
    Coming back from vacation, so my check in is a little late.
    I didn't eat last night after dinner - I think eating everything at dinner so I'm not hungry again and going to bed at 10 AM, before I get hungry again, helped.
    Time to get the show back on the road!