Is this plan healthy?

Options
Breakfast: Eat brown sugar Quaker oatmeal and a piece of toast

Lunch: Eat a cinnamon bagel and cottage cheese

Dinner: Chicken spaghetti with veggies

Snacks: Pecans

And i'll go jogging for about an hour and do some light exercises like jumping jacks and crunches.

Replies

• Arabian♥Breeze
    Options
    Yes it is! Good job!!
  • You shouldn't be eating this EVERYday. Healthy eating is all about variety and getting a little bit of everything for overall health & wellness.
  • SarahFrankel
    SarahFrankel Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Fruit?
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Could be. You should really estimate the calories of everything and see if it's at least 1200. Portion size is also important.

Edit: I peeked at your diary and if it's accurate you really do need to start eating more. O.O Yikes
  • aurie024
    aurie024 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You need some more protein. Try making some minor adjustments to the plan you have

Breakfast: Plain Oats with 1 tbsp peanut butter and chocolate protein powder
    Lunch: Turkey on whole wheat or a salad, add some fruit or veggies to your cottage cheese
    Dinner: Make sure you use whole what pasta
    Snack: Watch the number or pecans you eat as they can load on the calories and fat really fast. Try for a few and have an apple or some carrot sticks as well... Hope this helps!!
  • susanmax
    Options
    You should try to get more fruits and veggies into your plan. At breakfast, instead of that piece of toast have a banana or an orange or something. Maybe yogourt or something. At dinner you could try adding a small side salad as well.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Maybe add a couple more portions of fruit and veg into the mix? try and get your 5 a day.
  • alcon79
    alcon79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    It's not unhealthy, but wouldn't say it's healthy either. Definitely need to add more fruits and veggies into your day, and a lot more protein. Substitute the toast in the morning (that's carbs + carbs) with eggs or a breakfast meat, and have a salad with chicken, or a deli or tuna sandwich for lunch and you'll feel full longer.
  • bwesser
    Options
    If you are planning on watching your sugar, I wouldn't do this every day. Definitely mix it up. I've found it's much better sugar and calorie wise to use plain quick oats and put fruit in it to sweeten it. Tastes great!
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    You're not eating much, but it's a lot of calorie-dense food that doesn't have many redeeming qualities. Here's what I think is an improved version:

Breakfast: Unsweetened or lightly sweetened oatmeal with fresh fruit mixed in.
    Lunch: A big salad or soup, with a piece of fruit or small hunk of bread.
    Dinner: Chicken with veggies (add brown rice or quinoa on the side if you feel you need it).

Snacks: Almonds, fresh fruit, raw veggies, yogurt.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Are you logging everything you eat? Eating under 1,000 calories a day, as your food diary says, is NOT healthy.
  • SoulNeedsBeauty
    SoulNeedsBeauty Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    As for me, too many carbs, not enough protein and you should add more fruit and veggies. Instead of pasta I'd suggest a side of green beans, broccoli or a salad. Maybe an apple or orange as a snack.
    Good luck!;)
  • Goose28in
    Goose28in Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    No. How about adding fruits and more veggies.

This might be better:
    Breakfast: Quarker Oatmeal with tomato juice (low sodium)
    Snack: Fruit
    Lunch: Salad with low fat salad dressing and cottage cheese
    Fruit: Fruit
    Dinner: Grilled Chicken, baked potato and veggies
    Snack: Popcorn
  • Xtina_Beba
    Options
    You shouldn't be eating this EVERYday. Healthy eating is all about variety and getting a little bit of everything for overall health & wellness.

Agreed!
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Sorry... No. Too much white flour and not enough whole grains, or fresh food like fruits and vegetables. I am not against carbs, but these are all heavy white flour carby type foods, and nothing that really is healthy for your body.

Try maybe incorporating whole grains from natural sources versus cooked, and more fresh produce....
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I like all the advice everyone gave!!!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options

And i'll go jogging for about an hour and do some light exercises like jumping jacks and crunches.

It's not bad ocassionally...but for everyday it's a bit carb heavy. You need to add more lean proteins. And also some fresh veggies and fruit. Variety is the spice of life! No foods are off limits per say, every thing in moderation.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Sounds skimpy. What's that calorie count?
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Sounds skimpy. What's that calorie count?

^ This.

How much of this are you eating?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

I would say Too many carbs, and I love me some carbs, and not enough veggies, fruit or protein.
    Keep in mind a bagel is like 3-4 pieces of bread. I would also suggest adding your own sweetener to oatmeal instead of eating pre-packaged ones, they have a lot of sugar.