Pasta

Options
PLEASE help me! I love pasta, but dont know any low cal recipies. Has anyone got any suggestions/
thanks

Replies

• asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Plain marinara sauce is low cal! :)
  • chrissi_k
    chrissi_k Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I tried to use whole grain pasta and then I add like red and yellow peppers, tomatoes to fill it up with low calories. So less noodles which means less carbs and less calories.

sometimes I add "Kapern" and light morzarella or feta cheese to it.

I don't know what Kapern are in English, sorry.
  • CashierCantin
    CashierCantin Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Last night I made some grilled garlic shrimp, chopped broccoli and ronzoni fiber rich pasta and all I put in there for a little binder was a smidge (about 1/2 tbsp) of ICBINB spread and then when I got to my table instead of salt I sprayed it with a little more ICBINB spray. It was delicious and only 300 calories. I was able to have 9 shrimp which really made it filling. Gonna try putting a picture of it below!

246jaxl.jpg
  • crystalnoz
    Options
    Chunky chop up some tomatoes, olives, and garlic and toss that through your pasta. Its yummy for a light meal.
    here is a link to another recipe http://www.symplytoogood.com.au/_webapp_495163/Tuscan_Chicken_with_Pasta
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I tried to use whole grain pasta and then I add like red and yellow peppers, tomatoes to fill it up with low calories. So less noodles which means less carbs and less calories.

sometimes I add "Kapern" and light morzarella or feta cheese to it.

I don't know what Kapern are in English, sorry.

Capers I think.
  • babykanguruh
    Options
    I use Classico red pepper alfredo sauce. I think it only has 60 calories or so per serving. Throw some steamed veggies on their and a littl parmesan. Delicious!
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I saw this suggested and tried it and it worked well for me....I steamed some broccoli, used the sauce, and put it on the broccoli and added way less pasta....it was actually VERY yummy!!!
  • CashierCantin
    CashierCantin Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I posted but it disappeared lol

I'll try again. I made this last night. For 350 calories it was 9 grilled garlic shrimp, one cup of chopped broccoli, 2 oz (best to my knowledge...I didn't have anything to measure but I made sure it was a very small portion) of Ronzoni Smart Taste fiber rich pasta and a little ICBINB spread. The garlic from the shrimp made it taste like scampi.

Pic below
    246jaxl.jpg
  • snowstorme
    snowstorme Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Julienned zucchini makes a good substitute for pasta.
  • mroger801
    Options
    I make a whole wheat, high fiber pasta with diced tomatoes, grilled chicken breast, and mozzarella cheese. It can be very filling for about 550 calories (about 2 cups of pasta).
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Chop up half an onion, half a pepper of your choice...gently cook/fry in a drop of oil or spray of fry light, add salt and black pepper, then add half a tin of chopped tomatoes, 2/3 tablespoon tomato puree, torn basil leaves, chopped parsley... add on top of 75g WHOLEWHEAT pasta (less calories usually) and serve... add a little low fat low calorie salad cheese if you like and extra black pepper and basil leaves to taste.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Use wholewheat pasta for a start, slightly less calories per 100g - portion size 75g, also with enough water it doesn't stick to gether so bad like white pasta so no need for oil when cooking.

Sauce wise.... here is a basic low calorie one but see suggestions after as to what you can add.

Basic sauce:

Fry with the tiniest drop of oil to stop it sticking to the pan or use fry light spray, about half a medium (any colour-I like red or brown for a rich flavour and white for a milder flavour) onion with half a sweet pepper of your choice (I like green to make the dish more colourful but yellow and red are a little sweeter) Add salt and pepper and garlic if you like too. Add half a tin of chopped tomatoes or plum tomatoes then chop them as you cook with a knife. Add 0.5 - 1 tablespoon of tomato puree depending on how watery your chopped tomatoes were! Add freshly torn basil leaves and freshly chopped parsley. Heat up, allow to slightly reduce.

Serve on the pasta. Delicious.

ADD:
    60g Tuna flakes with some chilli and sliced/chopped or even whole olives to make a puttanesca sauce- you can also add anchovies

ADD
    30g crumbled low fat low calorie salad cheese as a low fat and calorie alternative to parmesan / cheddar / generic cheese

Granish with parsley, basil and black pepper.

Delicious.
  • Slw2688
    Options
    **BUMP** looks great! and I love pasta as well!!!!
  • yessica101
    Options
    heyy when boiling low fat salt and italian herbs that will do the trick
  • shelleyr06
    Options
    thankyou all so much. Pasta for dinner :tongue: