Issue with the scale

I bought my scale new in August. It's not a cheapy but it's not the most expensive either. It's supposed to have a lifetime lithium battery. I weigh everyday (I know not everyone does, but this is just what works for me). I only record my weight once a week. I weigh at the same time every morning. I know it's normal for weight to vary day to day, and mine usually does. But every morning I'll get on the scale two-three times to make sure I'm getting an accurate reading. Before it would always give the same weight. But lately, like this morning, it said 248.6, 251.6, 250.0. Is that normal for a scale to do that? That's within like a 2 minute time frame. It's annoying me more than anything. I don't put too much into what the scale says, since I know I'm doing this the right way and eventually all the weight is going to come off. But maybe I need a better, more accurate scale?

Replies

• thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Mine will do that too. I sometimes have to step on 5 or so times to get a consistent reading. It could be where your feet are in the scale, if you Accidently shift your weight, or part of your feet are hanging off.
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Make sure it has no reading, then tap it, and it should work fine. If you step on it too soon between weighings then yes, it will get confused.
  • Make sure it has no reading, then tap it, and it should work fine. If you step on it too soon between weighings then yes, it will get confused.

This works for me as well. I'll put one foot on my scale, let a number read and then get off so it re-calibrates itself to zero. Then I jump on for my official weigh in. Let us know if this helps!
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    I have the same problem with my scale. It just depends on how I balance my weight. It's just weird. I'm going to try the one food/re-calibrate method someone above suggested and see if it isn't more consistent. Or just weight once. :wink:
  • epoint
    epoint Posts: 88
    I just bought a new scale and it says that if you move the scale at all and step on it again, it adds in the weight of the scale. It says to recalibrate you need to tap it until a zero appears then wait for it to shut off. Then you step on again for an accurate weight without moving the scale.
  • mfp_1
    mfp_1 Posts: 516 Member
    Are your scales on a carpet? They need to be on a flat surface.
  • katcod1522
    katcod1522 Posts: 448 Member
    This is why I weigh in at Weight Watchers :)