I am looking for support and to make new friends

Options
Hi, my name is Jennifer. I am 21 years old. My weight loss is for medical reasons. I lost my daughter in April. She was born two and a half months early. My doctor wants me to lose weight before my husband and I start trying to have another baby. I haven't been doing very well. I have a hard time putting down the pop and sitting on my butt lol. I would love to get to know anyone that is on the similar weight loss journey or those who are struggling with weight loss like I am. I will except all friend requests. I wish everyone good luck on their weight lose goals.

Replies

• andrewmgrube
    Options
    Best of luck! I've had really good luck looking at other peoples food diaries! Plus just getting out for a 30 minute walk has helped drastically. Good luck in all your efforts! :]
  • melhayes1115
    melhayes1115 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I am sorry for you loss. Feel free to add me. I find that having a good support system has helped me along the way.
  • Salamanda425
    Options
    Definitely a soda addict myself! Request sent!
  • peaceinside
    Options
    I am sorry for your loss. You can add me if you want. My biggest advice is to remember what your motivation is every day and I'd say you have some pretty strong motivation. There are some really great people and stories on this site and if you use them everyday and stay committed to yourself it works. Not every day is glorious or good but the support is. Good luck!
    Peace :flowerforyou:
  • alyssanichele
    Options
    Hi love :) so sorry about the loss of your daughter. But I'm a little younger than you are, I'm 18 years old. And I have a goal to lose in total about 45 pounds by June. I have lost 10 so far. I have been struggling almost all my life. I first decided to lose weight in January and I lost 13 pounds on my own and gained almost all of it back. I have NEVER been skinny/fit. I was hospitalized in August because of the fact that my diet was so horrible. So I decided to join MFP. And I also decided to lose the weight once and for all.

You really can get through it. It will be rough. You will have your moments. But we can get through this together :) feel free to add!
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss, but time for you to get going girl! I hate to exercise, too, never did it before. Get yourself a decent pair of walking shoes and walk! Put one foot ahead of the other and go right now! Out the door! GO! As you leave the house call someone and chat for 30 minutes, you won't even know you are exercising! Start small and go big; you can meet your goals.

Look at the success stories, devour them. Realize that everyone here was in your boat at one point or another. Everyone had to start on day one! Don't delay, your little family is waiting for you! As you go through this journey here to meet your weight loss and fitness goals you'll be building a strong foundation for that little baby you will soon be bringing into the world. You can start building your strong role model image today! The only thing standing in your way is you! So get up off the couch, throw out the sodas, and walk! Day One is here!

Best of luck to you!
    Susan xo
  • boncharlie
    boncharlie Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Hi there :)

I'm really sorry for your loss. I'm also trying for a baby and hoping that my weight loss will make it a bit easier. But it is a struggle some days.

Can always do with more MFP friends - feel free to add me....

x
  • jbahrami
    jbahrami Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Oh my...I'm so incredibly sorry for your loss. Please feel free to add me as a friend. We're in the same boat to lose weight...we can cheer each other on!

Jen
  • shellyc7182
    shellyc7182 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Adding you now, dear! My heart goes out to you for your devastating loss. I can only imagine.
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Fellow Indiana person here, and I like your shirt. Feel free to add me.
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    Friend request sent. Sorry for your loss.

I battled depression, soda addict and a 'couch' lifestyle.

Turned that around. More friends always welcome too !

Gary
  • SuperSnoopy
    SuperSnoopy Posts: 3,464 Member
    Options
    What a reason for motivating yourself - bringing a baby into this world. I'm sure with support from all your new freinds on here you will not only reach your goal but will surpass it. Good luck.
  • doornumber03
    doornumber03 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    you must be a tremendously strong person to have been through what you did. This is a great spot for the help and support you'll need to get up off the couch.....this coming from an ex couch potato.... Feel free to friend me as well.
  • Carolina_Skys
    Carolina_Skys Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am sorry for your loss. I agree with one of the other posters.Just remind yourself what you are doing it for, and it will happen.Sending good vibes your way.:smile:
  • dimpleschick
    dimpleschick Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Welcome. So sorry to hear you lost your baby. I will be glad to be your friend as will many others. Just log on every day and see what people are up to and complete your food diary every day. I find by doing the food diary I am being held accountable for my eating.

Wishing you much success as you lose weight.
  • Boardergurl
    Boardergurl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Im in a similar situation.. I am having issues getting prego and was asked to try and get 20ish pounds off to see if they can figure out why!
    All the friends and motivation would be great!

im really sorry to hear about your loss. I cant even beging to say I understand cause I dont .... Ill send an add!
    Ive heard looking at others diaries are a good way to get ideas and such!

Im so bad with filling mine out but im on a mission and am really going to try!
    :smile: