While I was out with the BF this weekend ..

Options
... someone approached him and asked, ver batim, "Why is a guy like you with a girl like her? You're so physically fit and she's, well, not."

His reply? "First of all, its none of your damn business, but I'll tell you one good reason why: she's got a heart of gold. Now stop being so superficial, you're setting yourself up for a lifetime of lonliness." Then he grabbed my hand and we walked away.

I have to admit, I was happy with his response. But I couldn't help but feel crushed. I'd never thought about it like that before. He's physically fit, I'm working on fat to fit. I'm just thankful that he's by my side through this journey, rooting for me and pushing me and standing up for me. He's a keeper. :)

I must say, that guy sure was the driving force behind my workout this morning, and I definitely killed it. And I might have just pictured his face on the kickboxing bag during my circuits. *giggle*

Replies

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Wow...just wow.... :noway:
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Use it to fuel that fire!!!!!
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry you went through that, but I am pleased with his reaction. People and the things they have the audacity to say never cease to amaze me.
    Again, I'm sorry.
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    WOW! There are some seriously crappy people in this world!
  • InvictusPheonix
    InvictusPheonix Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    holy cow... people suck.
    i can't believe it...... I have no idea how i would have reacted if something like that happened
    Kick *kitten* in your workouts- but your body is your temple, it's perfect however you form it! no one has room to judge!
  • jasmineheaven
    Options
    Wow..if that were me he would have gotten something REALLY GOOD before bedtime :wink:
  • taylorromanyk
    Options
    Some people have SUCH effing nerve! You're beautiful, don't let them get to you.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    what a *****.....unbelievable.
  • Sweetchaos66
    Sweetchaos66 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    What a jerk! Your boyfriend sounds like he has a heart of gold also. You sound perfectly matched.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    He's a keeper for sure! What is wrong with people! ugh!
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I agree... what nerve. Awesome for you to have a BF that supports you and loves you. he shoulda punched the joker right in the nose.
  • jendavis07
    Options
    can't believe the ignorance of people these days!! So happy for you to have found such a good man!! That was awesome how he stood up for you! Keep doing it for you!! :) & You're probably in better shape than that idiot! Keep your head up!
  • britishstar41
    britishstar41 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Kudos to your boyfriend! That guys got off easy. My husband would have punched the guy. Also, who walks up to someone and says that? How rude!

Use that to kick some major butt!
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    what a *****....unbelievable.

What ^^ she said!

People in general can just be stupid and very superficial. Sadly, it's what our society preaches to us as being the norm. Kudos to your BF... doubly so for being the bigger man and not kicking that guys *kitten*.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    That's insane. Some people obviously aren't as concerned for their safety as they should be.
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    forget about the nastiness, but your honey sounds like a keeper! :-) how awesome is that?
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I would have said: "I like big butts and I cannot lie"
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    WOW.... these boards are full of all sorts of stories of people who have run ins with obnoxious people... SO sorry that happened...but AWESOME your man put them in thier place! He obviously loves you for ALL you are...and supports your goals! So many rude, rude people out there...it amazes me the total lack of manners and respect... insane...

Love the comment about the kickboxing bag.... i;ve done that too!!!! ;)
  • bs1981
    bs1981 Posts: 36
    Options
    Sorry you had to run into such a jerk. Some people really need punched in the face!! LOL
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I think you should give yourself big kudos for that heart of gold and for finding a BF like that. Real love doesn't depend on looks. And only real love can last a lifetime. Congrats to you for finding it.

My BF first hit on me before I lost any weight, but we didn't get together until I had lost 30 lbs. I'm so glad he hit on me before because I know that he really liked me, not my new and improved skinny body.

You will get into shape and be healthy for you and be an utter babe because your outsides can reflect the beauty you have on the inside and I'm happy for you that you will be doing it not so you can feel worthy of love or to match your BF, but because you want to be healthy for yourself. That's wonderful....

and the dude who said that to you guys is the truly ugly one.