While I was out with the BF this weekend ..

Options

Replies

• TriumphNow
    TriumphNow Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Unbelievable how rude and tasteless people can be. You're boyfriend sounds like a keeper. Like you said, use this as motivation. You're doing great!
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Kudos to the BF only thing better he could have done was plant a passionate kiss on you right there.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine anyone saying something so rude about my wife to me.

He would have apologized to my wife.
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    o.o Why are people so randomly rude? I would have decked them.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I think his response was so sweet but the fact that someone actually came up and said that to the both of you makes me ill. What is wrong with people?
  • icemaiden17_uk
    icemaiden17_uk Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    What a total git! These kind of things do stay with you though! I remember when I was 15 some bloke saying to my BF of the time that he needed to get a better looking GF! I was skinny then too!! But I was wearing joggers and a big jumper!! I'm glad you were able to turn that negative comment into a possitive workout! Well done you! And what a nice man your OH seems to be!!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    WHO does that? :noway: WHAT the @#$! what he thinking? :grumble: Wait, he wasn't thinking obviously. I am sorry that happened to you but how amazing that the man in your life loves you like that and will support you getting healthier and fulfilling your goals. I would have used it as fuel to the fire as well and that's a great way to deal with the hurt of a comment like that.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    All I can say is, you got yourself a keeper there!
  • luvgreen25
    Options
    I would have said: "I like big butts and I cannot lie"

LOL - that's a great response! That guy was a loser and probably doesn't have anyone in his life. Be thankful that your boyfriend is such a sweetie. It's great to have that support!
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Some people suck! I am so sorry that he said that. What a dipsh*t.
  • fitnatic67
    Options
    that guy would have gotten a two-piece from me and i ain't talking about kfc either!
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    What an *kitten*!! What makes that guy think your BF even cares what some random stranger thinks or says. Sorry you had to deal with that but what a great BF. He handled it really well! Guys like that douche-bag will eventually say something stupid to the wrong person and get his *kitten* handed to him...
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    that guy would have gotten a two-piece from me and i ain't talking about kfc either!

LOL
  • kimletton11
    kimletton11 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    what an *kitten*!! but your BF sounds like a definite keeper :)
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Clearly this person is suffering from the disease Asshatanitis.

Sorry someone spoke about you like that, but what great fuel to keep going and what a great feeling to know you have a loving man by your side =)
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    For sure - He is a KEEPER!!! Kudos to the BF!!
  • boston6
    boston6 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Just curious, was the person that made the comment a male or a female?
  • Allyson1985
    Options
    Just curious, was the person that made the comment a male or a female?

Man.
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I have to admit, I was happy with his response. But I couldn't help but feel crushed. I'd never thought about it like that before. He's physically fit, I'm working on fat to fit. I'm just thankful that he's by my side through this journey, rooting for me and pushing me and standing up for me. He's a keeper. :)

You do have a keeper, good luck...
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    First of all, KUDOS to the BF for such an eloquent response. I think you've got a keeper. I looked at your photos and girl you ARE BEAUTIFUL too. Don't let anyone say otherwise.

People used to say those things about my husband and I (the reverse) and now the shoe is on the other foot. He's lost all of his weight and I'm still working on it. He loves me for me and not the weight. We made the vows and we're sticking to them. I know you're not married, but this guy sounds like he knows what is IMPORTANT.

Use the negativity that A**hat created towards creating something positive. Prove him wrong!