New beginnings

Options
Hello Everyone,

I joined this site a few days ago and I just love it. It has been quite an interesting year for me. I've divorced, stopped smoking and now on my way to losing 50lbs.

I know I will accomplish my goal but it will take alot of hard work and support.

Joining a forum is a new one for me. I will need all the support I can get.

Here's to a new life!!!

Nat

Replies

• natie1971
    natie1971 Posts: 13
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I joined this site a few days ago and I just love it. It has been quite an interesting year for me. I've divorced, stopped smoking and now on my way to losing 50lbs.

I know I will accomplish my goal but it will take alot of hard work and support.

Joining a forum is a new one for me. I will need all the support I can get.

Here's to a new life!!!

Nat
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Welcome Natie,

You will love this site. I encourage you to browse the topics for Newbies. They were most helpful for me.:flowerforyou:
  • HopTuNaa
    HopTuNaa Posts: 31
    Options
    Welcome Nat, and good luck... hope you find the motivation and support you need. I'm desperate for some motivation at the moment - for some reason it's all gone out the window.
  • pyckse
    pyckse Posts: 84
    Options
    welcome to an awesome site!!! glad you found us!!!:flowerforyou: Great place for support, recipes, and info on weight loss!!! I love it here!!
  • pyckse
    pyckse Posts: 84
    Options
    Sarum, hang in there...pick yourself up and keep moving forward....I have my days like that, but then I remember what I'm really wanting and what I'm gaining by getting these extra pounds off.....I push myself even when I'm feeling 100% too lazy to do it....tell yourself you're worth it and that you're gonna feel better when you're done with your workout......if you fall of the food wagon and eat way too many calories, don't beat yourself up...just try to do better at the next meal or snack!!! You can do it!!!! I'm sending some WILL POWER your way right now!!!!:bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • suthernbelle
    suthernbelle Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Nat,
    Out with the old and in with the new!!!! There is something kind of wonderful about renewing the mind, body, and soul!!! Yes, you are going to do this!!!!
  • HopTuNaa
    HopTuNaa Posts: 31
    Options
    Thanks pyckse :wink: Must have worked - I'm picking up a little now.
    It's not the food I have so much of a problem with, it's exercise. Trouble is, I know I enjoy it when I do it - it's just 'doing' it in the first place. lol I did a spinning class last night and loved it... heading to the gym after work today. Just got to keep it up now. :smile:
  • republicofmj
    Options
    Good for you Nat!
    It sounds like you are well on your way to reinventing yourself, and that is always a great thing!

MJ
  • Phera
    Phera Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. I've noticed that when I get home after work, the first thing I have to do is change into my gym clothes or I get lazy and find excuses. So far I've managed to lose 2 lbs a week watching what I eat and making myself move. Already I'm noticing I have more energy and motivation to get up and move.