Healthy Eating v. Exercising

Options
2»

Replies

• dalgirly
    dalgirly Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Exercising is easier for me too.

I am happy that I've done this to highlight some of my awful eating habits, but on the whole, I'd rather just exercise and not worry about calories all the time.
  • Kilter
    Kilter Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I exercise because I have to. I've picked a goal race and need to do the training required to get to the start line and actually make it through the race. My race allows 17 hours for people to complete, but my goal this year is 12 hours.

I am starting to eat healthy because I have to. Exercise alone can get me to the finish line in time, but not as fast as I want to get there. The big step so far has been making a calorie goal and tracking what I'm eating and how that balances with calories. Next I'll start working even more on replacing crap calories with good.

Neither really comes easy for me. I would prefer not to have to do all the exercise that I do, but I can't look and feel good without doing it. I would rather just eat burgers and fries and steaks with onions all the time, but then I'll feel bloated and have no energy.

Meh.

Doesn't stop me though.

S
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I think exercising. I don't think I'd easily meet my calorie target without it. Also I enjoy it because I get a buzz out of it, makes me feel good etc. :)
  • MeowserKitty
    Options
    Healthy eating, definitely.