Should I keep going?

Options
So I've lost 10% of my body weight yay. I'm halfway to my goal.

Problem is a lot of my clothes no longer fit. It's ridiculous how tight I have to wear belts... None of my dress clothes really fit either, which is important because I'm supposed to focus on good impressions.

I have absolutely no money for new clothes. At all.

I'd like to lose more weight but then the situation will be even worse! And I was going to ask for clothes for Christmas...I just want one pair of jeans that fits. But then if i lose more I won't fit into those either! I'm grateful I lost the weight but what should I do now?

Replies

• Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Do you have a sewing machine? Could could always tailor your clothes?
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Thrift stores!

I wouldn't stop losing weight, that should take precedence. The clothing situation will work itself out.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Head to the nearest Savers or Value Village. Special tags are 99 cents on certain days...make it work.
  • BeachedBumm
    Options
    Lose the weight. Its cheaper to buy clothes than pay for a lifetime of type II diabetes healthcare. You'll be way happier to see the lost weight than the baggy clothes.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Purchasing previously worn clothes is GREAT for the environment and your lack of finances. I rarely buy new.
  • taylorromanyk
    Options
    Thrift stores are so nice! I agree with them. :)
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Lose the weight. Its cheaper to buy clothes than pay for a lifetime of type II diabetes healthcare. You'll be way happier to see the lost weight than the baggy clothes.
  • sharonfincher1
    sharonfincher1 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Always make the healthy choice
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Even Maurices has a $10 jean rack. and Black Friday is coming up, sometimes you can get clothes really cheap.
    For tops, Wet Seal has buy one get on for a penny on their clearance items online, it's a great deal!
    Sometimes JC Penny's has buy one get one for $0.98 on jeans, which the first pair of jeans is the killer, usually at $30.
    If you're ok with wearing used clothes, Good Will, Salvation Army, (don't know if this is just local, if not, try them) Gabriel Brothers for dress clothes. Like I said, Gabriel Brothers may be local, but if you live in Ohio, I've heard of people getting suits there for $5.
    If you have friends who are the size you are now, you could get some old clothes off of them, or a sister, cousin, anybody.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    Options
    And, never give up, dear, there will always be a way! I want you to be happy with who you are in the end, and I think if you give up now, you won't be.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Find the cheap places. The jeans I'm wearing right now cost me 75 cents off a clearance rack at Burke's Outlet.
  • Primm
    Primm Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you have anything like flea markets and secondhand markets where you are, but a friend of mine cleaned out her old "fat" wardrobe last weekend, took it all down to the secondhand market and sold it for $200! Cost her $10 for the stall, and she now has $190 to spend at the thrift store on clothes that fit her.

Maybe something like that is an option for you? Or a garage sale could work too.
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Do you have a Plato's Closet? They have cute name brand used clothes that are affordable. I agree with the others, don't give up because you're afraid you won't have anything to wear! I'd rather be swimming in my clothes and healthy, than in cute bigger sized clothing and unhealthy!

Do you have any options to earn a little more income? When I was in college I dontated plasma.. I wouldn't have stayed afloat w/o that extra income. Stay positive!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    Options
    I looked on your profile, you live in Ohio, and I know the Gabriel Brothers here is in the Dayton/Beavercreek area, so if you have a friend in this area, maybe send them some money and have them buy you clothes if you can't come down yourself!