Am I the only totally LOONEY weigher?

Options
_snw_
_snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
When I have to jump on the scale for a weigh in, I can't just jump on to see the numbers. I have a LONG list of crazy *kitten* rules before I step on the scale.

1. Timing. It HAS to be in the early morning.
2. No way do I get on the scale before my morning pee.
3. Weigh in has to be post shower (like extra dirt on my body may tip the scales)
oh - it gets worse
4. In the shower I have to shave pits, legs and bikini. If it was the 70s, this may take a few ounces off, right?
5. Out of the shower, I cannot add my lotion or deodorant until after I weigh in (i can't believe i'm admitting to this)
6. I wont weigh in before I completely and throughly blow dry my hair (wet hair adds what? 5? 10 lbs?
7. Finally, after 1-6 are done, I can step on the scale. Totally nude of course.

Oh, I guess there is one more...

8. I weigh myself 3 times in a row, taking the average (even though there is rarely a difference)

I'm crazy. I know this. Please, is there anyone out there who can match my insanity?

Replies

• Katzilla82
    Options
    Me! Minus the whole hair and shower ritual lol! :)
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Hahah! I'm not that bad, but I do #'s 1,2, and 8.

I wake up, pee, undress, then weigh like 3 times.. and then I weight at night before my shower to make sure I didn't gain too much weight throughout the day. Awful habits!!
  • JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    Options
    Minus the shaving thing and add in another after the pee a poo and yeah we are the same sort of crazy
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    you are making me laugh tonight!

anyhow....i only weigh in the AM, after i go pee, and in the nude. sometimes i do it twice....just to be sure. then i move along with my day and Do Not Go Back!
  • Liquid741
    Liquid741 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    always in the morning after the P and hopefully a deuce. always take my clothe off and i as well weigh myself 3 times.
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Well I weigh first thing in the morning, naked, every day. But I only record my weight on Mondays. Can change so much over the week. But my obsession is I not only weigh first thing in the morning I will weigh after every meal, before bed, after exercise, before exercise. So really my scales is like a step class. :blushing:
  • PrincessSparkleUk
    Options
    I'm with you! Mine is the following:

Pee
    Undress
    weigh x3
    if any of the weigh measurements change then I have to weigh another 3 times!

Also have to weigh in the evening to second guess what the next day's weigh in will look like!
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    1,2,6 & 8. Sometimes before and after I use the bathroom just out pf morbid curiosity.
  • Kymmy81
    Kymmy81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I actually move my scales to three different locations in the house as I am convinced our floors are uneven! Then I take an average reading...
  • mommy_2a_sweety_pi
    Options
    In all honesty, I do the EXACT same thing. I've done some crazy things to get the scale to tip 0.1lbs to reach an even amount too (like 139.9 instead of 140.0) lol. I have to add one, too. I am breastfeeding my new baby so I weigh myself AFTER I've fed her and completely pumped out the rest of the milk lol. By the time I'm ready to eat my first meal after my weigh in it's like 11am lol.
  • c2me12ad6
    c2me12ad6 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I do most of this as well. I weigh myself before my workout too but not with my shoes on then weigh myself after my work out and then when i get home from the gym weigh myself again with no clothes on then since I work midnights i go to sleep and first thing i do after I go to the bathroom when i wake up is weigh myself!!!
  • LethaSue
    LethaSue Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    OCD lol I have some of those riticuals, but the thing about OCD is alot of times once the ideal is in your brain, it becomes your routine also. Grrr I sure hope I don't end up doing that whole obsessive control freaky thing.:ohwell:
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I'm even sillier. I weigh myself after my cycle home from work, before I shower (don't want the weight of water in my hair - haha) and then again after I shower (just in case I lost some dirt weight). The silly part is that I don't let myself have a glass of water until after I've showered and weighed myself, because I know I'm usually a little dehydrated after my cycle commute and will be down by a few hundred grams at that time of day.

Usually, I also weigh myself in the morning after peeing and before eating, but my after-work weight is generally lower, so that's what I count.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Not quite so much.
    But, I do weigh myself after using the bathroom and before having a shower (I don't want to be weighing extra bits of water that are hanging around on my body/hair after a shower!
  • PetitePerfection
    PetitePerfection Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I do that too!!! but I weigh before I shower since I never blow dry my hair and it takes like the entire day to air dry!!!
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself 4x a day. Once when I wake up, once after morning workout (before I eat), once before my midnight workout, once after my midnight workout. My weighin is on saturdays after my morning workout and karate, before I eat and shower
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    I can't tell you how happy i was to read some of your responses. no need to hang my head in shame anymore ~wink~