I need some advice (new to all this)

Options
Hi all,
Ive been here 15 days now but am constantly ending with quite a high calorie leftover. Could some people look at my diary and suggest some ideas to bring it up, I think the main issue is trying to eat my 500 breast feeding calories.

What foods should i add to what meals to increase to betterlevels please x x

Replies

• lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Bumping for you.
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    add some seeds and nuts =)
  • jaredhuizenga
    Options
    I'll gladly take a look for you. Not sure how much help I'd be, but I'd be happy to do it.
  • chrissi_k
    chrissi_k Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I can't view your diary for some reason so I am just asking :)

how many calories are you supposed to eat?
    Are you eating your exercise calories?

My doctor told me to stick with my 1400 calories and not to eat my exercise calories and I have heard that from a lot of others too.
    Correct me if I am wrong :)
  • ashlet01
    Options
    I wasn't able to see your posts, but if you are not allergic to peanut butter, it is a healthy fat that will add calories to your diet, as are avocados. Just take it easy with them as you can easily add too much fat back in.
  • Maryee71
    Maryee71 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Your food diary is limited to your friends. You'll have to go into your diary and make it viewable if you'd like us to look.
  • TenderBranson
    TenderBranson Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Try some calorie dense foods with some good nutrients in them. Nuts come to mind, just don't over do it.
  • sugabebethe1
    Options
    Thank you, my diary is now public, I had a bad few days around my birthday where i went over but other than that i think im too much under.

Peanut butter is a good idea as the we always have that as the kids love it, and theres a bag of dry roasted peanuts in cupboard so maybe a handful of them as a snack. thank you for the ideas x x x
  • aliciar3
    Options
    If I'm short on calories I have either a banana or apple with some 100% Almond Spread - add's between 150-200 cals.

Also adding things like avocado to your salad/sandwich can boost your calories.

A handful of nuts.

hope some of that helps :)
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Looks like you skip meals relatively often, so try to have something on hand-nuts/seeds, hard boiled eggs, fruit. You could try adding something to your breakfast in the morning besides just the toast. More fruits and veggies.

Are you hungry?
  • djsysstem
    djsysstem Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Pardon me for asking, but do you eat bread 3x a day? Is it a wholewheat bread: Hovis (Uk) - Wholemeal Bread? If it is wholewheat, I guess you're good. Breast-feeding takes off 500 calories which is nice!

EDIT: Agreed with a person above me that you seem to skip meals quite often, which isn't good.
  • sugabebethe1
    Options
    Thanks, I tend to skip meals if A) I know a blow out dinner is coming or B) like one day last week, with appointments etc (my littlest girl is a premmie so lots of hospital appts etc) there just wasnt time!!

and to be honest no im not hungry, but i am anearly to bed (as in 9pm latest) kind of girl so maybe i would be if i was awake longer :)

all advice so far taken on board but *blushes* how do you prepare an avocado?? do you have to cook it? peel it? I have never had avocado before lol
  • sugabebethe1
    Options
    I do eat wholemeal or weight watchers malted grain bread for breakfast and a sandwich at lunch and if ive had a bad day will have beans on toast (same bread) for dinner so yes a lot of bread, substituted for potatoes on some days.
  • sugabebethe1
    Options
    Have really mucked up now !! my start weight was wrong by about 24lb lol so now my whole profile looks poo!!

can someone confirm that 14stone 8lb is 204lb :) make sure i have it right this time!!
  • Tenar13
    Tenar13 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Yes it is 204. I think you are right about not eating enough - I was doing similar for different reasons and oddly increased calories and am loosing again. To add calories I increased healthy fats - olive oil, nuts etc are good. Also I started having porridge for breakfast as oats are good and the milk I add helps with calcium.
  • sugabebethe1
    Options
    thank you, have added fat free yogurt and a handful of nuts in today and it is so far looking a lot nearer to calorie goal considering dinner is yet to go on. Thanks for everyones help, very much appreciated x