Regular Food HELP!!

Options
Please help me get back to eating regular foods and lose weight!! I was on Nutrisystem for a 5months and weaning myself back into a regular food routine. Please HELP!!! Serious help wanted!!

-Kim

Replies

• aaleigha1
    aaleigha1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    kim take your email addy off the boards - just for your safey
    and friend me if you like I started in earnest this monday - I am reading a book called the beck diet solution its not a diet but a way of thinking that so far is really helping
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I was on a meal replacement diet for the start of my weightloss, I slowly reintroduced regular foods, I went from eating 3 meal replacements and 1 regular meal for 6 months to 2 and 2 for a month, 3 and 1 for two weeks, and then all real food for the last 2 months or so. Still losing weight, slower but still a lb or 2 a week
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    kim take your email addy off the boards - just for your safey
    and friend me if you like I started in earnest this monday - I am reading a book called the beck diet solution its not a diet but a way of thinking that so far is really helping

My wife is reading that book too, the psychologist that runs our weight loss group teaches alot out of it and always refers to it. There are more books by the same author as well, I think.
  • alib510
    alib510 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    i'm a really big fan of tasty wholesome soups. not too high in calories, either thick or chunky your choice. i tend to have some for lunch each day. its easy to make, fat free and will freeze in plastic containers so you can cook in bulk. i have the calorie allowance to ave bread too so find it a really filling lunch, under 400 calories with two slices of bread.

give me a shout if you need recipes
  • aaleigha1
    aaleigha1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I am so convinced I have answered this but the reply is not showing

Kim firstly take your email addy off the board and never leave it on a message board - for your own safety

friend me if you want I just started last week and am reading the beck diet solution not a diet but it helps you think in the right way and teaches you tactics to combat self sabotage
  • Kimma34
    Kimma34 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to remove my address!!

-Kim
  • honeyb7
    Options
    I often wondered about this very thing...starting a regimen that made the food for you and then what happens when you stop! It might be helpful to look at other peoples eating habits that are your friends on MFP. If you do not have many then hopefully people will encourage you to friend them so you can see other MFP members food diaries and what they are eating to see foods you could incorporate into your meal plan. it may depend on how much you like to cook as well and how many people in your family you have to cook for. I do most of my own food prep so I know exactly what is in the food I eat. I also have allergies to soy, wheat, and oats so I am quite restricted but really in a healthy way. Feel free to friend me and view my food diary and hopefully it will give you some ideas of foods/calories that would fit your lifestyle. I just started to read a book too that is really interesting and it's called "wheat Belly" by Dr. William Davis

All the best to you on your journey to health!
    :smile:
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I have never done a meal replacement system but going from eating a lot to staying within calorie goal is probably just as difficult. My trick is to plan, plan, plan. The night before, I enter my dinner for the following day after I discuss with the husband what we'll be having. This is also usually my biggest meal of the day so it lets me know how many calories I have to work with for lunch, breakfast, and snacks. Then I backfill my diary (still the night before), and plan out what I will bring to work for lunch, then I will see how many calories I have left for breakfast and snacks. I couldn't have come this far or stay within calorie goal without planning. I am just about at maintenance now and I still plan out my days the prior night. It makes a world of difference to me rather than getting through lunch and realizing I only have 200 calories for dinner.