my son in law---bless his heart

Options
so, my future son in law (greg) has been riding to work with me for the past couple of weeks (none of his cars are running and since we only work a couple of miles from each other he drops me off and takes my car) ( thank god we get along with each other). anyway, yesterday on the way home he gets a txt from his stepmom saying---you (greg), kelsi (troll), and kelsi's mom (me) are all invited to thanksgiving dinner at 5 and that his mom and stepdad will be there as well. he says---see my family wants you to come over---you are invited---are you going to come??? gee--uh--well---you know i will be over at papaws and thats right in the middle of the COWBOY game---uhhh. he goes*yeah, but you will get to meet my mom and dean (stepdad).* i gave him that look---you know---one eyebrow raised with you mouth kinda crooked and the other eye squinted with the huh expression. *i already met your mom and dean-remember??? *no you havent* **yes honey, i have--about five years ago when i had to drive all the way up to kansas because your mom was mad at kelsi and said if i didnt come get her the next day she was going to kick her out of her house?????? then your mom and dean threatened to call the cops and have me arrested for kidnapping if you got in the car with me too????? i literally cussed your mom within 10 minutes of meeting her and dean was writing down my license number and had his cell phone in his hand dialing the police????? does any of this ring a bell????? no---really?????** then (bless his little blissfully ignorant mans heart) (he really is the sweetest thing) he says *oh, well now you can come over and meet them again* how do you meet someone again?? i already met them. SO, i had to do what all women have to do with men---i patted his hand, smiled sweetly and said **i will think about it honey** then i turned to look out the window thinking--NO WAY IN HELL WILL THAT HAPPEN IN A MILLION YEARS
LMAO

i truly wish that i had the ability to forget the bad things that happen the way he does.

Replies

• lme0627
    lme0627 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    oh thanks for sharing. This made me smile this morning! Bless his heart is right.....males tend to really live in their own reality don't they? You enjoy your Thanksgiving watching the Cowboys kick some butt :happy:
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but that was one of the funniest things I have ever read. Oh guys.... lol. Enjoy your Thanksgiving and the game!
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    you made smile as well....but sorry about the cowboys kicking *kitten*, they're playing the dolphins.....go dolphins:flowerforyou: you all have a great chane of winning the dolphins have only been playing well the last 3games
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Oh wow!! I would've been pretty mad too! Enjoy your Thanksgiving!!:drinker:
  • latinahada
    Options
    Ok, this is the first thing I read this AM...Too funny!! Thanks for sharing & good luck with that, LOL!
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    How did he forget that much DRAMA??? hahaha.
    Enjoy your Thanksgiving- without Greg's family!!!
  • RollinDawg
    RollinDawg Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    As a male (I guess one of us should reply), y'all really should try some time in our head. Not a lot going on up there except sports scores and hoping we can find a beer or see a nekkid woman. Well, there is the occasional sudden panic when we're trying to figure out "Ok, why is she mad at me...what did I do now and how do I make it stop?" but we usually give up on that one pretty quick since there's no way of figuring it out.
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    ... you know it's going to be a good "one" when bless his heart is in the title! :laugh:

My husband has that same ability to forget really horrible things that are forever engrained into my memory. Some times, I really wish I had that ability!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    i feel the need to mention, greg also forgot the "****ing control freak psychopath" comment mom yelled. I wish i had a longstanding history of watching football. "honey, i know we just drove 3 hours to visit my dad....but the dogs seem lonely now. You go ahead, i'll stay here." just doesnt sound as good. Fyi; same guy doesnt understand why im still mad at his stepmom. "ug, dude? We got in an argument over an engagement party and then i got 12 death threats in 3 days. Yeah, still a little peeved on that". men. We love you, but you confuse us.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    If you are going to be in-laws soon, maybe this is a good opportunity to start over again.