Starting 30 DS tomorrow!

Options
Who's with me? we can start a group!

Replies

• julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday. Day 1 was hard for me. Gonna try my best with day 2 today.
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I'm up for the challenge
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday, too. It was great (once I got through it!). Gonna zumba tonight, though!
  • slimthingspecial
    Options
    I'll do it with you! :)
  • mynika
    mynika Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I just got mine, and the first day made it through the first warm up!!! :blushing: But I will do it as well, maybe this time I can go a little farther, I will get there :wink:
  • chugglebunny
    Options
    I keep meaning to start this, but haven't yet so i'll start in the morning...get it in before xmas. I did my measurements last week, so i'll start and keep this thread updated! x
  • kristinmkartist
    kristinmkartist Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You will LOVE the results after your done. I just started Ripped Abs by her and wow I made it through the first set of hers and i was done for. I will do this for 30 days though.
  • kristinmkartist
    kristinmkartist Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You will LOVE the results after your done. I just started Ripped Abs by her and wow I made it through the first set of hers and i was done for. I will do this for 30 days though.
  • dawngroper
    Options
    What is 30 DS?
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    Let's do this!!
    I'm in:)
  • rblair_22
    rblair_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I started it, followed it for a week, then got busy and stopped it. I really need to start it again.
  • rblair_22
    rblair_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    What is 30 DS?

It's a video by Jillian Michaels called 30 Day Shred. you can find it on Amazon, or if your lucky, your local Walmart should have a copy of it also.
  • kristennwinter
    kristennwinter Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I thought it would be a good idea to start tomorrow - We'll be done the day before christmas eve! I think for me, getting results right before christmas will keep me from over-eating and stopping my regimen all together, like I probably would be prone to doing otherwise! Also, I felt the need to start a group for the following reasons:

A) Because I've JOINED groups before for the shred and just never did start doing the shred.
    B) I need someone to keep me accountable
    C) Everything's more fun when you do it with others
    D) It's a great way to meet new friends!! :)

How about by tomorrow, everybody can post their start measurements and we can measure at each interval (after each 10 days), and then we can post progress pictures (If you want to!) at the end!! I'll start a spreadsheet after I get back from class today.

Should we make this an official group in the "groups" section??
  • Tiana405
    Tiana405 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I thought it would be a good idea to start tomorrow - We'll be done the day before christmas eve! I think for me, getting results right before christmas will keep me from over-eating and stopping my regimen all together, like I probably would be prone to doing otherwise! Also, I felt the need to start a group for the following reasons:

A) Because I've JOINED groups before for the shred and just never did start doing the shred.
    B) I need someone to keep me accountable
    C) Everything's more fun when you do it with others
    D) It's a great way to meet new friends!! :)

How about by tomorrow, everybody can post their start measurements and we can measure at each interval (after each 10 days), and then we can post progress pictures (If you want to!) at the end!! I'll start a spreadsheet after I get back from class today.

Should we make this an official group in the "groups" section??

I'M SOOOOOO IN! I'll start tomorrow with you! This is gonna be great! What all are we needing to measure?

neck
    arms
    bust
    waist
    hips
    thighs
    calves

right? that's going to be the embarrassing part, but OH WELL! it is what it is! :) Thank you for starting this!
  • kristennwinter
    Options
    OK sounds good everyone!! I made up a spreadsheet using our usernames, here it is:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmUr1GIvLq4GdE9aa3ZjR05UTVdHQk9tZk9NUEJvMnc

Anyone can edit it and stuff, just pop in your measurements and we'll be ready to go!!

How about we all introduce ourselves? :)

I'm Kristen and I'm from Newfoundland, Canada! I want to do the 30DS because for as long as I can remember, I've been big. In the last 2 months or so, I've been going to the gym and doing Zumba! I love both of those things, but being a university student with a harsh canadian winter coming up, I want to get a jump start on my fitness routine, and maybe start something that I don't need to walk outside in the snow for!! haha. I don't have any specific goals or anything for myself, I'm just going to give this a good shot and see how it goes!!
  • meckiemelt
    meckiemelt Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I started today but I am all about it ! Start a group I am in, I need all of the support I can get!
  • meckiemelt
    meckiemelt Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I we going to start an official group on the Groups forum? I have found that Iose groups when then are on just the message boards.
    It could be just me though.
  • kristennwinter
    Options
    Yup! I should have jut added everybody, but here is the group URL:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/973-30-day-shred-just-in-time-for-christmas