cant drink water

Options
whats the best thing to drink if you cant drink straight water

Replies

• vger11
    vger11 Posts: 248
    Options
    leave a pitcher full of water out...just like fine wine it'll air and the difference in taste is amazing.

crystal light is my sweet water go to
  • LethaSue
    LethaSue Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Coffee or Iced tea no sugar
  • Froggy1976
    Options
    Why can't you drink water? I have never heard of this affliction.
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    i use sugar free squash... im terrible at drinking water so i fill a large glass up and leave it in the kitchen then go back and sip it every hour or so
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    i Second that. Rude
    I rarely drink straight water unless I'm sick
    I love Arizona Lemon Iced Tea Stixs. I can't buy them anywhere near me so I buy them in bulk online.
    No calories in them either.
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Try Mio or Crystal Light...
  • maricus
    Options
    I know many people who carry around the crystal light packets to add to a bottle of water. Have you tried that? I tried it, but I like the taste of water better. I'll ask around. I'm sure there are many solutions because so many people don't like straight-up water.:flowerforyou:
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I am curious too, what is it about water that bothers you. Surely we can find some way to make it palatable for you.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Probably safe to assume that if you really have a medical reason for not being "able" to drink water, your Dr has already given you alternatives...tho I've never heard of someone not being "able" to drink it.
  • IOWAlapbanderette
    IOWAlapbanderette Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Find a flavored water that you like..there are so many to choose from these days..

different flavors of tea, berry, lime, margarita, you name it..it's out there!

I used to be SO into diet pepsi..
    but water is now my bestest friend..
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    leave a pitcher full of water out...just like fine wine it'll air and the difference in taste is amazing.

This only works if you have chlorinated water, leaving the water out allows the chlorine to evaporate out of solution.

My water sweetener is lemon juice and mint. So yummy, and just a few calories from the lemon. Also lemon is an appetite suppressant and the mint will help if your stomach hurts. So its all around awesome! I make a concentrated solution of water, lemon, and mint and let it soak for a few days to get really minty, then I add a little bit every time I get a glass of water. Totally natural and delish
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Try some lemon or lime juice in it, or slice up cucumber and drop a slice in each glass.
  • bigfluffyjujubird
    Options
    i am not a big water drinker so have sugar free or no added sugar squash, the calories are really small like 5 cals for a glass. I also have dr pepper zero in a morning!

try fizzy water i find i prefer the taste of that.

not everyone likes the taste of water, i dont mind if its really chiled but our tapwater is from a hard water area so it tastes ming!
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Your body needs water to function!
    As everyone else is said try the packages to add flavour if that is it, if not, just start to drink it and force yourself. Unless you are allergic to it which hopefully is not the case!

I would not suggest drinking ice tea or coffee during a work out as your body needs water to rebuild

PowerAid Zero is also really great just a lot more expensive then water. It replaces your bodies needs and helps to avoid dehydration
  • katemiddletonisawesome
    Options
    Try different types of water and different temps. You may eventually find one you like. I HATE drinking water, but I don't mind drinking really cold Volvic.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I personally thought the "grow up" comment was extremely appropriate! Come on people, you don't have to drink water to enjoy it, you have to drink it so you are hydrated. It's a basic human necessity. There are so many options now that we are not satisfied with what nature has provided.

That said, you could try coconut water which is a great hydrator, similar to gatorade, but natural. You can also add almost any kind of fruit to water to flavor it. I like to add orange slices or strawberries or watermelon. You can also do cucumber and mint which is tasty. Just try some different things until you find something you like.
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    Try mixing it up with maybe crystal light, then tea but I would definitely try to add some water. You would be surprised after a while you will like it and start to crave it. It sounds strange, but I swear its true. :smooched:
  • nekosimba
    nekosimba Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I like cutting up fresh lemons or limes and letting them infuse in the water overnight in the fridge.

I also keep crystal light singles at my desk at work. Sometimes getting your water quota is difficult...just do what works best for you.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Not sure why you "can't" drink regular water... Maybe your tap water is gross? In that case, you could try buying a purifier like a Brita filter pitcher or one of those that attaches to the faucet. You could also try chilling it as that can change the flavor and letting it sit can also allow for a slight dilstillation (not total mind you) which could change the flavor, as another poster mentioned.

There are also plenty of ways to flavor water. You can put in lemon or lime wedges. You can add flavor packets - just make sure to check the labels so you're not adding extra sodium or calories or sugars to your diet. Some flavored waters have as much sodium as soda so that kind of defeats the purpose (IMHO anyway).
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm the mint/lemon thing sounds great. Could you post more details like "juice one lemon add 3 mint leaves" or something like that?