Subway Diet

Options
geogal95
geogal95 Posts: 47 Member
I read somewhere that those who eat the same foods every day seem to lose weight quicker than those who change it up every day. People ask what my diet has been like, and some are surprised when I say... it's what I call the "Jared diet". I eat Subway probably 5-6x a week for lunch. I eat a "Jared" sub, wheat bread, but with cheese (gotta splurge a little). If it doesn't have that yellow circle next to it on the menu, I don't get it. Some say I shouldn't be eating bread every day (starches and carbs, etc...), but it's worked. I've lost 12 lbs already. I still exercise and eat my 100 cal snacks, but this is what has worked for me, and I don't feel like I'm on a "diet". Win Win the way I see it! So now you know :). What works for you?

Replies

• alisonrose01
    Options
    staying consistent is (I think) why eating the same things every day works so well! You don't have to think about the food, you know its good for you and you go for it! The meal I eat the same everyday is for breakfast, oatmeal. yum. That works for me.
  • jessimacar
    Options
    I like to eat the same foods but change them up a bit. Different veggies or toppings with the same meals. Helps me save on groceries too! I never have left over ingredients from that meal I tried once and won't make again. :)
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    When I eat the same foods over and over again I end up binging. I need variety.
  • bsavage13
    bsavage13 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It's all about what works for you!!
  • elemstuck
    Options
    My breakfast and lunch are the same every weekday. I eat a sandwich thin with two eggs and a slice of cheese for breakfast and a can of Campbell's Chunky soup for lunch. My dinners are different each day, but they are usually one of about a group of 10 meals that I seem to stick to pretty regularly. I have lost almost 60lbs doing this over the past 9 months.
  • Moonbyebye
    Moonbyebye Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    What works best for me is planning out my meals in my diary ahead of time (normally night before) and sticking with it. I rarely eat out but when I do, I check out their menus and plan ahead. It can be tedious at times, but it works for me.
  • angelapolite
    Options
    What works best for me is planning on my meals in my diary ahead of time (normally night before) and sticking with it. I rarely eat out but when I do, I check out their menus and plan ahead. It can be tedious at times, but it works for me.

I do the same thing. I do have my usual oatmeal and V8 for breakfast, do my shopping for the week on the weekends, so I'll have all my food at work for the week. But I log in everything beforehand.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Really its what works for you. Lost 42lbs, ate subway probably 3-4 times a week the entire time
  • kjones3535
    Options
    I have really been sticking with Subway for lunches too. I like the turkey on wheat. Some nights I will even make a sandwich at home. It is easy and low in fat. I do not necessarily think carbs are a bad thing, I think there are good (whole grains for example) and bad ways (candy for example) to eat them and of course you do not want to go crazy eating a bunch of them either.
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear it is working for you. I like Subway and could eat it every day. I cut back from the 12" to the 6" and I no longer get the mayo.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I almost never go to Subway, but I do tend to eat the same things repeatedly. It's a matter of ease and convenience more than anything else. I have a breakfast and lunch that I enjoy every day, and that way I always know what I have to spend on dinner. My husband cooks so it's easy on him since I have the same allottment each day, he knows the parameters we're working with. If I ate differently all the time he wouldn't be able to plan dinner so easily without first checking with me to see how many calories I have left.
  • mrericswife
    Options
    I was just saying the same thing to my coworker this morning. It seems to work.
  • sbcass
    sbcass Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one who pretty much ate the same thing everyday!! If I had more time, I would probably add variety. Right now, I do not have the time to really create/research meals that will be within in my calorie goal. I have found a few quick and easy recipes that I would like to incorporate--I just have to go get the items from the grocery store!
  • Kushgetti
    Kushgetti Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    afterating the same foods 4 awhile i plateau and have 2 change up
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I like the Subway idea...I don't go as much as I used too, so I don't eat enough veggies. I eat the same thing everyday for breakfast - oatmeal. Lunch is usually left overs from the night before - easy to calculate calories that way.
  • mikethom
    mikethom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    There is a Subway shop here that every Sunday offers buy one and a pop and get the second for $0.99. So every Sunday I go and get 2 foot long subs that I can eat as lunches or quick suppers.
  • AmandaR321
    AmandaR321 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I eat the same 2 meals for breakfast (Fiber One cereal with milk and a banana or Fiber One yogurt) and lunch (turkey sandwich with wheat bread, no sauce, cheese sometimes) daily, and almost always the same morning snack (Fiber One yogurt and banana).
    I very often eat sandwiches for dinner as well, and fruit and yogurt are my staple snacks, with the occasional granola bar.

I lost 60lbs in 5 months doing this and am now comfortably maintaining my current weight (I'm pregnant).
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I use Subway as a treat once a week. I don't think I could eat it more often than that though. I usually always have cereal for breakfast. For lunch it varies between my favourite veg salad or a yummy chicken pasta salad and soup and on Thursdays I have Subway. Dinner is different every night, I love to cook!
  • Jessen7
    Options
    My favorite part of myfitnesspal is being able to each whatever I want, in moderation. I have not changed my diet much at all (ate pretty well before), except I eat less and exercise more. Instead of a huge bowl of ice-cream I just have a cup. Instead of a bunch of dressing, I just have a little. I have lost 45 pounds on myfitnesspal because of portion control.
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    great. now I want subway. Thank you
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!