Changing careers at 43??????

Options
dargytaylor
dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
i just really hate my job. have basically always hated wherever i have worked. I have always worked in offices doing payables / receivables.

i have always enjoyed the 'thought' of working in a restaurant, but have never made the leap. well, my kids are grown (youngest will graduate next june) and I am thinking of taking the leap. small steps at first (keep my fulltime job and get a second job, maybe trying to waitress (have done it before) and then hopefully getting into management.

any others out there that are in management in a restaurant and can offer up some advice?

Thanks!!

Nicole

Replies

• missjazzj
    Options
    I'm not in restaurant managment but I say you go girl!! You've got much too much time left to be stuck doing a job you don't like - follow your dream! Good luck
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Go for it.. You're never too old to do something you really like!

Hell, I have a degree in psychology yet I'm going back to school for Sign Language Interpreting.. and I work as a teachers aid in Special Ed/Behavioral Schools.

Totally different then what I planned on, but I'm loving it.. and thats all that matters :)
  • vox23
    vox23 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I can't help you with the restaurant thing either, but I'm heading back to college next year at 38 for an entirely new career. Scary but will be so worth it if you're sure you want to change. Best of luck!!!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I just want to wish you good luck. You can do it! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    thanks everybody!! still thinking about it, but going in part time definately wont' hurt to see if it is for me :)