I am a product of the 80's.

Options

Replies

• rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    My 80's were a whirlwind of raising 3 girls - liked a lot of the music, and had big hair. I was a yuppie super mom! They really went by fast! signed retired hippy chick. :flowerforyou:
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Ahhhhh, Duran Duran. You had the "Nick" type of girls, the "Simon" type of girls, and the "John Taylor" types. We used to argue the merits of each on in high school. *sigh*
    omg I was so in love with every member of that band, the concert was sooooooooo awesome! madonnas like a virgin tour was pretty cool too

I only got to see 1 live concert when I was young -- WHAM's last concert in the US before they broke up. :laugh: I had to use binoculars to see them, but I thought I was in heaven. My husband was more of the "Depeche Mode" / "New Order" gang, so he's just embarrassed to be associated with me. :wink:
  • RonneyKay
    RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    My first concert... JOURNEY!!!!

My second... The Fixx and Flock of Seagulls!!!

ahhhh yes, the 80s:)
  • quigonnjae
    Options
    anyone remember standing in line to play the stand up arcade versions of Dragons Lair and Space Ace ? <que the time machine sounds> 1980's Jay standing with friends ... " that is so rad.. your controlling a cartoon"
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Ah... the 80's!!!!! I love them!!! The cartoons.. the music.. the movies!!! an awesome decade!!!!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

My brother took me to see Boy George and the Culture Club......worst show I'd ever seen. BOOOOOORINNNNNNNNNG!!!!

Edited to add: I also accepted a date with a guy I didn't like to see Springsteen...thought I should have a Springsteen experience especially since I was from Jersey....never liked him, but hey-- it's a Springsteen concert..... Hated it.

Huey was my man.......:love::love: :love: :love: :love:
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Ahhhhh, Duran Duran. You had the "Nick" type of girls, the "Simon" type of girls, and the "John Taylor" types. We used to argue the merits of each on in high school. *sigh*
    omg I was so in love with every member of that band, the concert was sooooooooo awesome! madonnas like a virgin tour was pretty cool too

I only got to see 1 live concert when I was young -- WHAM's last concert in the US before they broke up. :laugh: I had to use binoculars to see them, but I thought I was in heaven. My husband was more of the "Depeche Mode" / "New Order" gang, so he's just embarrassed to be associated with me. :wink:
    so forgot about Wham! I am still in love with george michael i dont care that he is gay and hangs out in bathrooms! everytime "careless whisper" comes on it brings me back!
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    aaaahhh...neon, charm necklaces (my favorite was a toilet that flushed and an elvis record), leg warmers, pinball, jelly shoes, thundercats, the smurfs, california raisins, atari...best time to be a kid ever!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

so forgot about Wham! I am still in love with george michael i dont care that he is gay and hangs out in bathrooms! everytime "careless whisper" comes on it brings me back!

"Faith" Oh, you gotta have faitha, faitha, faithaaaaaa....baby!
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Well right now on my nano I have:

Corey Hart-Sunglasses at Night
    Asia-Heat of the Moment
    Bad Company-Bad Company and Feel Like Makin' Love
    Billy Idol-Dancing with Myself and Catch My Fall
    Blondie-Call Me
    Blue Oyster Cult-Don't Fear the Reaper
    The Clash-Rock the Casbah
    Don McLean-American Pie
    Journey-Faithfully and Open Arms
    Lou Reed-Walk On the Wild Side
    Lynyrd Skynyrd-Tuesday's Gone
    OMD-If You Leave
    Seinead O'Conner-Nothing Compares 2 U
    Soundgarden
    Tone Loc-Wild Thing & Funky Cold Medina
    Toto-Rosanna
    Van Halen

I am SOOOO a child of the 80's! The only thing I don't miss is the big hair, crazy makeup and weirdass clothes!
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    definitely big hair! oh wait, that was yesterdays hair! lol still have it and love it! all of those bands and the older Heart stuff, Paula Abdul, Dead or Alive, the Cure, Duran Duran, Yes, Cyndi Lauper, the Police

Ahhhhh, Duran Duran. You had the "Nick" type of girls, the "Simon" type of girls, and the "John Taylor" types. We used to argue the merits of each one in high school. *sigh*

JOHN TAYLOR RULES-even in his 50's he is STILL HOT!!!!!
  • TinaDay1114
    Options

LOVE Journey, and can sing every song on the "Greatest Hits" album to this day.

My husband decided to get a perm in high school -- :noway: bad idea for his thick dark hair. We call it his "Flock of Seagulls" hairdo. He's NEVER gonna live that down.
  • TinaDay1114
    Options

I was so naive that I thought they just dressed "differently" over there in England -- until that incident in the 1990's, it never occurred to me that anyone in WHAM had a different sexual orientation. **OK, you can laugh out loud now. I won't be offended! **
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

I was so naive that I thought they just dressed "differently" over there in England -- until that incident in the 1990's, it never occurred to me that anyone in WHAM had a different sexual orientation. **OK, you can laugh out loud now. I won't be offended! **
    lol I was the same way and my stepbrother was gay(is)
  • WhiteTonight
    WhiteTonight Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I will be 30 exactly 2 months from today. Born in 1982. My memories from the 80's...

Bon Jovi, tight rolled jeans, waterfall bangs, neon and lace, GNR, Def Leppard, .38 Special, Casey Kasem, Heathcliff cartoons, the original Pound Puppies, Bonkers candy, jelly bracelets, slap bracelets, Peaches and Cream Barbie, Heart, George Michael, Roxette, off-the-shoulder shirts, scrunchies and tied shirts, Bubble Yum, spandex, Paula Abdul, MTV and the birth of music videos, watching the AMA's every year, original Care Bears, Strawberry Shortcake and My Little Pony, Aerosmith, Glam rock, men in makeup who were perfectly straight, Popples, high-waisted/pleated/acid washed jeans... the list goes on and on.

It's wild to me to see a lot of cues from fashion coming back into style because I spent the last 15-20ish years swearing off the tapered legs and blousey tops. Lo, and behold... shoulder pads are coming back.
  • mrimike
    mrimike Posts: 139
    Options
    I have a love hate relationship with the 80's! They were great when i was there but man do I HATE seeing pictures of myself and what I wore from back then...........although I was skinny:)
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    aaaahhh...neon, charm necklaces (my favorite was a toilet that flushed and an elvis record), leg warmers, pinball, jelly shoes, thundercats, the smurfs, california raisins, atari...best time to be a kid ever!

YES!!! I was a kid in the 80's and I had all these - California Raisins, loved 'em. Had Smurfs sheets, Garbage Pail Kids cards and jelly shoes and slap bracelets and banana clips. I LOVE the music from the 80's and my first game system was Atari - and the original Nintendo where you had to blow on the cartridge if it didn't work. :laugh: Love it!
  • WhiteTonight
    WhiteTonight Posts: 22 Member
    Options

YES!!! I was a kid in the 80's and I had all these - California Raisins, loved 'em. Had Smurfs sheets, Garbage Pail Kids cards and jelly shoes and slap bracelets and banana clips. I LOVE the music from the 80's and my first game system was Atari - and the original Nintendo where you had to blow on the cartridge if it didn't work. :laugh: Love it!

LIKE!!! All of these things - perfect. :)
  • madubil
    madubil Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    omg- I'm at work cracking up at this post - Thank you!!

I'm still not convinced I'm not going to marry John Taylor....
  • queenmegan
    Options
    Laserdiscs.

I now collect them!!!!