anyone a size 18 and wanna be a size 8/10

Options
13»

Replies

• Nicki1984
    Nicki1984 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I totally get what your saying... I have been struggling to lose the weight from my second daughter and she will be 4 next month. I have lost some weight them gained it back I finally went and talked to my doctor about my concerns and what i have been doing to try to lose the weight. We agreed upon a prescription and I have been on it now for almost 3 weeks and have lost 8.7lbs with the help of it. I haven't felt so confident that iwill lose the weight and be finally be happy about myself since starting this pill. I now feel that I am on my way. It will take time but you will get there :)
  • rayzerwolf
    rayzerwolf Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    started at 16-18 now I am a 8-10 got my first pair of size 8 pants a week ago
  • knapowell
    knapowell Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I started on November 8, 2010 at 289 pounds and just BARELY squeezing into a size 26/28. Today I fit comfortably in a size 12 (but unfortunately wearing 14's until I get to Goodwill - a wonderful friend for weight loss).
  • WoWmamaErin
    WoWmamaErin Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    In July of this year I was 256 and wearing a size 20. I'm now 198 and wearing a size 14 which are getting a bit loose. My first major goal (where I'll reevaluate at that time) is 180. Hope to be a 10/12 by then in regular jeans. Would be really cool if I could get into a pair of 8s... don't think I've ever worn a size 8. I'm also 5'9" for reference. And yes... love shopping at the 2nd hand stores... I can't afford to buy new pants all the time! Each size is only lasting me about a month right now!
  • bsavage13
    bsavage13 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My story is sooo much like everyone's here!! I started at 270 in a size 24 and now I am 202 between a 16 and 18. I can wear a 16 but I don't like my clothes tight! I would love to see a size 10 and an 8 would be even better!! I've set my first goal at 180 and will re evaluate once I get there. Please feel free to add me as a friend as I would love to have more! Good Luck everyone! Oh and I don't think I was ever a size 8 or 10. I remember wearing 16's in middle school!
  • karenp84
    karenp84 Posts: 119
    Options
    I started 6 months ago in a size 26 and am now down to a size 14 so it's possible.
    Well done thats amazing!
  • karenp84
    karenp84 Posts: 119
    Options
    Me too i started at size 22 im now in an 18 thats pretty loose on me so hopefully a size 16 soon.
  • amandakay23
    Options
    I was a size 18 (and a TIGHT 18) and am now 10/12, I have some 8's in my closet that I would love to get into....been a long process but worth the fight. Feel free to add me!
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I was a 16/18 when I started. Not sure what size I am now (my 16/18s are falling off me!). Went from an XL t-shirt to a M. Not buying any new clothes until I reach goal weight. My goal is a 6/8 (just knock off the ones--lol). Very similar to your goal!

Hang in there...we can do this!
  • sendsley
    Options
    i've recently bought my first pair of size 18. have been a size 16 for years. must say they are more comfortable. However, my goal is a size 10/12. re-started yesterday.
  • milf_n_cookies
    milf_n_cookies Posts: 2,244 Member
    Options
    I started in a 28 (I can't even believe that sometimes, and they where SNUG!) and I am now a 12. I have 25 lbs to go until goal and I am hoping that will put me in an 8/10 (although I would prefer a solid 8, I have NEVER worn a single digit clothing size LOL).
  • tamcrit
    tamcrit Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! I started my journey January 2010, wearing a 16-18. Last week I bought a size 6!! It hasn't happened quickly, but it has happened. If a 43 year old mother of two teenagers can do it, anyone can!!
  • maddiebabe
    maddiebabe Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I want to join too :) i started here a year ago at a size 20, got down to a 16, fell off the wagon for about 9 months (moving, new job etc) and then i have just recently gotten back on the wagon.

so i do believe that we can all do this together!! I look forward to sharing and seeing success stories on here soon :)
  • sbridgett27
    sbridgett27 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've been a size 18 for almost 10years, even with a weight gain of almost 40lbs! How is that possible? Anywho, a size 8/10 would be nice. No more shopping in 'specialty stores"! I'm down 12lbs with plenty to go i'm sure!