Annoyed with Subway

Options
So there are 3 Subways within a 5 mile radius from my office, and none of them ever carry the apple slices. No matter what day or time I go to any of them they always say "they're out". I'm pretty sure that all three locations are owned by the same guy. I am beginning to think that he just doesn't order them. Which is annoying, because he should take down the advertisements for them.

The other thing I get annoyed about is how they advertise as being a "fresh" place to eat... and then all of their in-store advertisements really push their high-sodium soups and super fatty cookies. Today there was a HUGE sign at the end of the menu that said, "Why not get a cookie?" Its not that I feel even slightly tempted to get a cookie, but people are under the impression that everything Subway serves is healthy. An obviously thats not true. And in front of me in line was a mother trying to get her family a healthy lunch and the kids are begging for the cookies, and the full fat chips. She too was frustrated that there were no apples.

Sorry... had to vent.

Replies

• rethun01
    rethun01 Posts: 167
    Options
    So there are 3 Subways within a 5 mile radius from my office, and none of them ever carry the apple slices. No matter what day or time I go to any of them they always say "they're out". I'm pretty sure that all three locations are owned by the same guy. I am beginning to think that he just doesn't order them. Which is annoying, because he should take down the advertisements for them.

The other thing I get annoyed about is how they advertise as being a "fresh" place to eat... and then all of their in-store advertisements really push their high-sodium soups and super fatty cookies. Today there was a HUGE sign at the end of the menu that said, "Why not get a cookie?" Its not that I feel even slightly tempted to get a cookie, but people are under the impression that everything Subway serves is healthy. An obviously thats not true. And in front of me in line was a mother trying to get her family a healthy lunch and the kids are begging for the cookies, and the full fat chips. She too was frustrated that there were no apples.

Sorry... had to vent.
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    The Subways at my areas don't carry swiss or spinach! What's up with that? At first I thought maybe Subway just doesn't offer swiss or spinach but I could have sworn I bought it in California. Does everyone elses offer these products or am I going crazy?

I hear your vent though, I have started to avoid Subway for a while now...I usually get their soups when I go there, but now I'm worried about the sodium.
  • neurogirl
    neurogirl Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I too have been annoyed by Subway. The problems it of course they are franchised owned and not everyone orders the full stock of all items. I love to get the grilled chicken with spinach and I used to live by a Subway that NEVER had spinach in stock, only iceberg lettuce which I don't even like. Give me the dark green stuff!!!!! :explode:

Anyways, no, it's not your imagination. If Subway is one of your main dining choices, then you should sincerely consider calling the manager or the owner of the Subway and let them know your disappointment. It's bad enough the smell of cookies permiates the place but when you can't get your sweet fix from a healthy alternative, it's more of a tease. That's my opinion though. I have called and complained to places on occasion of never having items they advertise a lot in stock and sometimes it helps.
  • amaxwell28
    amaxwell28 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My subway doesn't carry spinach leaves and some do. Weird!
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    My subway asked me if I wanted lettuce in my salad!! I haven't been back since... However they do carry the apple slices....
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I hate when I order the veggie delight with no cheese and no sauce tht they skimp on the veggies!

Hello.... I want to delight in my veggie delight...give me veggies! You are saving on the cheese
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Oh good, at least I know now that it's not my imagination! I thought I remembered getting a spinach salad there with swiss and grilled chicken (in CA), but when I tried to order it here they looked at me like I had 3 heads! So then I started doubting myself, thinking I bought it somewhere else.

Thanks for letting me know I'm not crazy! :happy:
  • angyltears
    Options
    My one treat to myself is pepperchinis (those little yellow pickled pepper things) and when I ask to have them on my sandwhich, they put seriously like THREE on the whole thing. Three? Really now? I asked for a fist full! The one near my house has the spinch but I never knew any of them had swis... I'm missing out!
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    My subway asked me if I wanted lettuce in my salad!! I haven't been back since... However they do carry the apple slices....

LOL I had a waitress once, who asked what I wanted my potato on! :huh: .....a plate? I'm sure her's was a slip. Too funny!! They must sell a lot of salami salads.
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    My one treat to myself is pepperchinis (those little yellow pickled pepper things) and when I ask to have them on my sandwhich, they put seriously like THREE on the whole thing. Three? Really now? I asked for a fist full! The one near my house has the spinch but I never knew any of them had swis... I'm missing out!
    I ask for a side of them and they give me a 2 oz cup FULL of them! I love those things!
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I hate when I order the veggie delight with no cheese and no sauce tht they skimp on the veggies!

Hello.... I want to delight in my veggie delight...give me veggies! You are saving on the cheese

If they don't put on enough for my taste, I always ask for more. They look at you a little funny, but they do it.
  • angyltears
    Options
    I get the weirdest looks when I ask for more... and more... and more.... Usually I just give up on the "and more" to go home and get out my jar and add them myself!
  • KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    My old Subway always skimps on olives...seriously, they gave me 3 LITTLE OLIVE SLICES once!!! I just stared at the guy and asked if he would please add some more. I got about 5 more. My then-boyfriend told me it's because olives are actually pretty expensive to buy (his dad owns a Subway in Arkansas) but SO WHAT?! I'M PAYING FOR IT!!! :grumble: I was also quite outraged that another Subway nearby quit carrying wraps. What the crap?! :angry:
  • angyltears
    Options
    I don't know if all subway places will let you tip the person who made the sandwhich, but the one near work does. I know what it's like to depend on tips so I tend to over tip for services... needless to say, the staff there likes me and knows to add an obscene handful of pepperchinis and more than only 3 olives!
  • rethun01
    rethun01 Posts: 167
    Options
    Glad to see I'm not the only one who gets frustrated! This is why I eat in most of the time. I too always look for spinach.

That's what stinks about Franchise systems. But most national sandwich/sub shops are franchises. **sigh**